down pipe GBE-52103

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plan on ordering the down pipe from Summit racing GBE-52103 which i have seen/ read on here is a direct bolt up replacement for our less than perfect factory down pipe.. question is if i wanted to order an exhaust system is there a specific one that should bolt right up? looking for 3" min exhaust, maybe even 3.5"... thanks in advance..

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
3" is fine unless your going for the bro-dozer route. maybe 3" to 3.5" after the muffler with a 4" tip

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just want to truck to sound like a diesel is all and get a turbo whistle thats actually hearable..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently those get back ordered forever....but I have not ordered one so I don't know for certain.

Al

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
You have to call banks to order that pipe, it is discontinued, but they will make it for you if you call in and ask for it.

According to Banks, if you order that pipe from Summit they will just keep back ordering it until they finally cancel your order. Banks claims they lose money by making the pipe, becuase it costs them more to set up the jig, then they make on the DP. Im not sure how much truth there is to this, but im quoting the Banks sales rep that I spoke with on the phone.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, will have to double check with summit then , says if ordered today would ship by April 4th.. If all else fails i will just get a superduty dp and mod it like the tech article says on here..

gaazuremach1

Ford Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I got the same runaround from Summit when I ordered mine. I ended up cancelling it and ordering it directly from Banks. I got it in less than a week. I also ordered a OBS PSD Monster Exhaust at the same time. They removed the PSD down pipe and credited the cost back for the pipe. I ordered a 4' section of 4" pipe from Summit as well as a 4" to 3" bell adapter and some 3" exhaust clamps. So now my complete setup is Banks 3" down pipe to 3" to 4" adapter to Banks 4" Monster exhaust and Banks 5" Oval Polished Stainless Steel Tip. All of my factory hangers for the exhaust worked except for 1 that I had to relocate another existing hole in the frame. Banks has excellent customer service and go out of the way to help their customers. I highly recommend them.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up.. so you just called Banks directly to make your order? was it similar in price? Summit lists it for just under $100....

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Banks will be a little over a 100, you could try and mention that they sell it on summit for a lower price, but who knows what they will do

Last edited:

gaazuremach1

Ford Diesel Lover
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up.. so you just called Banks directly to make your order? was it similar in price? Summit lists it for just under $100....
I just checked my receipts and I paid $90 for the down pipe and $419.00 for the exhaust. All together $509.00 shipped. That was February 2012.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks buddy, i will get the downpipe and maybe see what a local exhaust shop will charge to do the exhaust..