Dorman part 42344

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Does anyone find it odd that a 088 pedestal uses the stock grommet?

Don't tease me Russ, now I gotta go check.:sly

So I check and sure 'nuff a brand spanking new valley pan grommet fits like a glove on the 088 turbo pedestal!;Sweet

:D

Last edited:

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
That's good to know on the 088 turbo since I just let the engine go mine was on and forgot to think about that.

For my 093, I just cut a piece of the N/A CDR hose at exactly 5/16" in length and that worked perfect in between the pedestal and the factory grommet.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I went to Napa yesterday.....can not get a 42344 AT ALL in Canada. They said if I ordered some from teh US, it would take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive......this is UNREAL!!!

No one locally can get them for me....looks like it's onto finding another option......

OH, one more thing.....I went in for the rear wheel seals.....Napa wants $70 a piece!!!! What gives?!

sassyrel

Reaction score
Well, I went to Napa yesterday.....can not get a 42344 AT ALL in Canada. They said if I ordered some from teh US, it would take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive......this is UNREAL!!!

No one locally can get them for me....looks like it's onto finding another option......

OH, one more thing.....I went in for the rear wheel seals.....Napa wants $70 a piece!!!! What gives?!

hook up someone on this forum,,that would get them,,and sent them to yah....

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I went into the local Canadian Tire today expecting the SAME response......I got two 42344's today!!! that makes three in total I have. I found the first one I bought in my Sunday best jacket (I kow, I wore my Sunday best on Saturday....shoot me)

There are two more at another store in Halifax, so I am going to grab them up this week.

Ryan, I REALLY appriciate it, but I think I have found all the grommets I need for now, BUT I will most likely get my hands on AS MANY as I can. I might take you up on that offer at the end of next week!!!!

Just so EVERYONE is clear, the 42344 is a DIRECT fit grommet for the ATS 093 turbo drain back. I popped it into the spare intake, and inserted the pedastal into it with a nice tight fit!!! No need to even glue or silicone it in place!!!

One I get changed and head into the garage, I will bolt my valleypan to the intake and then put a grommet in the pan, insert and mount the pedastal and take pics!!

This seems to be the go to thing for these trucks!!

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
This is why I love this place. If they no longer produce a part, someone here can recreate that sucker, or figure out some type of replacement. Lets call this the goofy mod..haha

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats good goofy, I am not going to spend any more time on a replacement stock type then,
Thanks

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Ok, I have test fitted the grommet and it is a DIRECT fit and DIRECT replacement!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I also am uploading a video to youtube showing how perfectly it fits and how painless it was to install......in my livingroom on the floor.....not in truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online