Door Handle Problems

Rocket Ryantist

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, after a year and a half of my passenger door being finicky on the inside handle to get open, the cable has finally decided to break all the way through.
I got the door card off and peeled the plastic liner away to see what I'm dealing with. Is this as fun as it looks to do?
I can barely get my hand in there, let alone see what I'm dealing with . Anyone have to do this before? Seems like I may just cut that metal away so I can get to the mechanisms. Any tips and advice are much appreciated!

On a side note, it makes me seem chivalrous having to open the door for my girlfriend everytime hahaha.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the door handle and lock rods loose, which is tight, but can be done.

Take out the three screws that hold the latch to the door she'll and take the latch out of the door. Access isn't a problem then and you didn't hack up your door.....

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is about as much fun as it looks.yeah,i agree with cp.this is all i did to replace the one that recently broke in log truck.i was able to just loosen everything up and an sneak the old one off,and the new one back on so i didn't need to take it all out and apart.pita but not the worse thing you'll ever have to do to your truck lol.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why fix it...you waited a year and half for it to break....just let her open her own door by reaching out the window opening door and voila...bobs yer uncle...

Really if it was a big deal you think maybe about a year ago you might have fixed it.....but no...why...runner till she breaks...:rotflmao

Just sayin

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to hack the door up. If I can get my hands in there ,anyone can.