Door Froze to Weatherstrip

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the very cold weather here right now, the doors are freezing shut. Every-time I pull on them I half expect to rip the weather-striping off. I hear that spray silicone or Armorall will keep the ice away. Anyone tried these or anything else?

White Ram

Reaction score
I tried silicone on the old truck, I did not notice any difference.

steve

CHarlan

Reaction score
I would say WD40, or something like that.. it may stink up the cab.. It never gets cold enough down here to worry about it.

CHarlan

Reaction score
Good luck to y'all! It's only 56° here... earlier I was using my A/C... it was like 81° till a cool front blew through this evening.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by White Ram
I tried silicone on the old truck, I did not notice any difference.

steve

DO NOT use silicone based sprays, they are not compatible with rubber seals. (make seals ho hard and fail sooner!

use vaseline jelly if anything!

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Juice?
DO NOT use silicone based sprays, they are not compatible with rubber seals. (make seals ho hard and fail sooner!
Well I guess I'm still waiting after eight years for my seals to fail. I've used silicon spray on my door seals at least four times a year since new as recommended by the owner's manual. My doors have only froze shut when snow melts and refreezes, it's not on the seals but rather on the outside of them.

Max Power

Reaction score

use vaseline jelly if anything!
GM recommends using a silicone based spray!

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max Power
GM recommends using a silicone based spray!

Well whaddaya know......they do......i guess my experience with an 86 t-top mustang doesn't count then.
with silicone spray they deteriorated rapidly, with vaseline they did not !?!?!?!?!?

B

Big K

i guess my experience with an 86 t-top mustang doesn't count then.

The Brand F guys can pay attn. here......;)

QRTRHRS

Reaction score
Armorall

I have used Armorall on door seals for years with good results. Lubricating the seals on a regular basis keeps them soft so they seal better so you may even benefit from less wind noise. It will prevent or minimize the freezing problem too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online