donor truck home! let the fun begin

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys just got my donor tryck home last night here is a couple pics 96542 box a original miles not rolled over!!! its super clean besides the wreck. well tge cab is going on my reg cab longbed frame snd im cutting my bed down. motor getting yanked and stepped snd block is getring sent to machine shop. stay tuned hope you enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I would like to do a project like that one day. Except use an extended cab frame so that the bed isn't to awful short.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking rig.. What did it hit to do the damage. Did it loose the wheel because of the wreck... As posted.. Now the fun begins... Please take pics as you do this project.. I know I want to watch it come together..

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to do a project like that one day. Except use an extended cab frame so that the bed isn't to awful short.

ya as of right now my bed will start 2 1/2" before rear fender. and if I had a ext cab frame it would have been loads better but this is what ypu get with a budget build!!
HTML:

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig.. What did it hit to do the damage. Did it loose the wheel because of the wreck... As posted.. Now the fun begins... Please take pics as you do this project.. I know I want to watch it come together..

it hit a palm tree what the owner says. it busted off of the I beam. and there is alot to be done... I have my turbo im using and intercooler already. turbo is off a cat c12 good for about 800 cfm @40psi. im building manifolds, up pipes and possibly intake, (still up in the air on what to do about fuel. and oil pressure

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also not sure if I need to sleeve as it has less than a hundred thousand. I heard mahle makes pistons for these already decompressed. where do I find them. and help on which oil pressure mod would be more efficient?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you having a donor truck. If it's frame isn't messed up from tue wreck why not just put your front end on it. That'd be easier and look better than a 2 foot bed on the back of a crew cab.
Unless the frame is just wrecked like the rest of that side of the truck.

TexasLefty

Reaction score
I would use the dual rear end truck and have the white one for a donor. I never understood a short bed truck for on road use, splicing a frame is not that hard.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With you having a donor truck. If it's frame isn't messed up from tue wreck why not just put your front end on it. That'd be easier and look better than a 2 foot bed on the back of a crew cab.
Unless the frame is just wrecked like the rest of that side of the truck.
its not going to be a 2 ft bed I will still be about a 5ft bed? and I hate longbeds. and even more so hate duallies

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it hit a palm tree what the owner says. it busted off of the I beam. and there is alot to be done... I have my turbo im using and intercooler already. turbo is off a cat c12 good for about 800 cfm @40psi. im building manifolds, up pipes and possibly intake, (still up in the air on what to do about fuel. and oil pressure

also not sure if I need to sleeve as it has less than a hundred thousand. I heard mahle makes pistons for these already decompressed. where do I find them. and help on which oil pressure mod would be more efficient?

What all are you having done at the machine shop? Only the block or anything else? As far as the oil pressure goes, you can tighten the clearnace on the journal bearings to increase oil pressure. NMB2 did it so if you have any question about what he did you might be able to ask him. I actually see that Mahle has those low compression 7.3 pistons listed on their website. So check um out there. Here is the website.

http://mahleclevite.com/publications/PI-20-09.pdf