doin up the cummins !

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i dont trade for a powerstroke saturday, one of 2 im goin to look at ive decided to put some $ toward the cummins, just to get it back into mint tip top shape. for no reason.. i have a 99 with 235k on it. and shes in need of some love. goin to LMC, gettin 2 new doors, rockers, cab corners for her, air dog lift pump, new radiator some por15 paint, sway bar links, and some feet for a western plow. some duplicolor bed liner, and a new truck box. maybe ill chip it. im dumpin about 3k :dunno into an 11 year old truck just cause i want a nice truck. everyone else calls it a lost cause

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lost cause at all that motor is not even halfway through its expected life yet. Do what you want to do some people call me crazy for putting money into my 92 F-350 with 350k but i do it anyways lol.

-Jordan-

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
freggin lift pump went out today, and the crank position sensor. doin the radiator this weekend

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well if my truck dies when its up to temp. its random. it happened 2 months ago and today it happened again. the tach went out this time CEL came on so i shut it off, tried to start it again, wouldnt start. primed the injectors then she started. has new batteries. so those arent the problem. but is it the crank position sensor of the lift pump.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off have you checked for codes yet? If its a factory lift pump it has most likely gone out the oem ones are junk if it has in fact gone out I would suggest going with a FASS pump.

-Jordan-

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crank position sensor. would i get a code if the pump went out?

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly, get that fuel pressure gauge on there that u were talkin about in your other thread and see what fuel pressure would be your biggest indicator.

-Jordan-

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im getin that done this week. soon as UPS brings that sucker