DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE i CAN FIND a CD ADAPTOR FOR MY 1986 AM/FM/CASSETTE DECK?

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friends,

I'm trying to keep my 1986 F250 Lariat as near factory stock as I can BUT I would also like to play my numerous CDs in the truck. - Evidently NOBODY now makes a new CD Adaptor to fit a cassette stereo.

IF anyone knows where I can buy a "new old stock" or gently used CD adaptor for the AM/FM/Cassette deck, I would like to know who that is. - Please PM me with the information.

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT,

Actually that's PART of what I'm looking for - The other (and evidently NO longer produced) part was a "buffered" against noise/vibration/"bumps" 12V CD player that plugs into that adaptor.
(That cheap item, absent the CD player, is useless.)

THANKS for your input.

yours, satx

Last edited:

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option is an FM MP3 player.

http://www.amazon.com/FM-Transmitters-MP3-Player-Accessories/b?ie=UTF8&node=13981621

It just forwards all the audio onto a random unused FM channel so the radio can just do it's job with no mods.

Just rip all the CDs into MP3 and use your phone. There's free software all over the internet to do this. This pretty much gives you a life-time warranty on the CDs since you can keep them at home in a case on the bookshelf. And you don't have to worry about the anti-skip on that $20 cd player.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

THANKS Gents. = You're THE BEST.
(I cannot tell you how much excellent help that I've received from our GREAT members since I joined.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwalterus,

THANKS. - Btw, the item that you linked to has been deleted but a similar item has been substituted for it that looks/complete & OK.
(The "substituted item" is a store display unit but evidently unused.)

yours, satx

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the cassette adapter. They have surprisingly good sound quality, better than a FM modulator setup.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Actually lmc has some nice options. Keeps it looking stock, but have a cd changer under the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a cassette adapter in one PSD and an FM modulator in the other (one channel is out on the cassette player on that truck). Sound is just about the same. Again, there's a world of difference between an FM modulator and an FM transmitter.