Does anyone have a good fuel sender retaining ring?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'm needing one. I scored a NOS front sender off'n eBay for my 85. But I hadda cut the old retainer with the dremel to get it off.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I don't have the retainer ring but if you can gimme the part number from that sender or even a link that'd be great!Good Luck

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'll run out and get the number for ya

The OEM box says: E8TZ-9275-B Fuel Sender w/gskt
The Sender has a sticker on it: E8TF-9275-BA

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
or you can still get them form ford--when i worked there--parts man didnt know they were available--we had a heart to heart one day--he kept both sizes after that!!!! and the cust paid---most you pull are rusted solid--or thin as paper---

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two hanging in the shop that are in those Dorman/HELP packages that cost next to nothing, much less than the cost to ship one.

I will get you a part-number tomorrow.

They have the toothed ring and new O-ring.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
How about any tips/tricks to removing/installing these retainers?

I wish I had the proper wrench. I've always used a punch/chisel, which usually results in the predicament I'm in now.

sassyrel

Reaction score
sorry i didnt get right back--they werent much from ford--and the proper wrench?????????????????????? you dont need to know what ford wants for that little item!!!!!!!!!! just walk around the "toothed" part with a punch, a bit at a time--we never went looking for the wrench!!!!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman #55811

This fit the front metal tank on my 1985 perfectly.(By the way, the one the Ford parts-counter guy sold me was not even close and had to be taken back.)

The plastic rear is entirely a different animal.

To remove those rings, plenty of WD-40, some scrubbing with a wire-brush, blow away the trash with an air-hose, then more WD-40, then, like already said, walk around the perimeter with a punch, from tab to tab; I never had one break or refuse to come loose.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've removed many and never destroyed them. Diesel also makes a good penitrant/lubricant.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
None of the A/P stores around here has these things.. Where's a good place to try next? I don't need the ring.. Just the gasket..

Gary

I never thought of Dorman. I'll try their website for the P#

For future reference/search

Dorman Part # 55811

Fuel Sending Unit Retainer Kit W/Gasket
Make: Ford 2007-86
O.D.: 4-11/16" (outside locking tabs)
I.D.: 3-7/8"

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

You must be registered for see images

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the A/P stores around here has these things.. Where's a good place to try next? I don't need the ring.. Just the gasket..

Gary

Any Advance Auto or the like should be able to take that part-number and have one the next day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online