Dissapointed In Timing Meter Condition

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Gary... I appreciate the reason you've been so generous with your timing meter rental program, but if it was me, I wouldn't rent them out anymore. Unless whomever f-ed it up pays to fix it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, that really is hard to read. Having met you and spent time with you at the 2009 rally, I know you are the kind of guy that will give the shirt off your back to help someone. And for that great atribute to be taken advantage of is intolerable. Whomever caused the damage to Gary's meter, please make this right and do so now! You are not only hurting a good man, but the Brotherhood of Oil Burners!

Heath

Mikerson

Reaction score
I found this thread while trying to learn about timing. This disrespect is sure a shame. All the good advice on the site says to get in on icanfixall's timing meter rental. What's the status on this program? I'm probably going to need it after adjusting the screw on my IP for the new turbo.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I *used* to loan out some serious specialty engine tools on a european diesel list an after taking one too many hits, I finally had to adopt a policy where I will only loan out tools if a person sends a deposit that is enough to cover the cost of a replacement tool and fully insured shipping both ways, then I'll send it out with a return shipping tag with pickup so all they have to do is call for a pickup when done with it . , They get their deposit back minus the shipping charges when the tool arrives back in good order . The shipping is a bit more expensive that way and the deposit is downright prohibitive, but I can no longer be handing out tools to folks never to be seen again . I dont have that kind of money. Some folks seem to think just because you're willing to help , you must be rich, Heck, I'm retired now and on a fixed income and I had these yo -yos that I'm sure were far better off than me, stealing my tools that I spent years in my business purchasing., and I can no longer afford to replace.

Sometimes you just have to draw the line , as much as it hurts to do so, At least a hefty depost will be returned to those who treat your equipment properly, so they have nothing to worry about and in the end , they would come out cheaper than purchasing if that is the option that they wish to go with, although, I still believe if someone is going to own one of these trucks, they really should own a timing setup, and for owning the only practical option is a Ferret and timing light

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect the scoundrel has their tail between their legs...and has run like a scared dog.... rofl.

I'm in for a small donation to help Gary out with the replacement....IS ANY ONE ELSE WILLING TO JOIN IN...

Copy paste the below line and add your name!

Donations for magnetic probe for J33300

Al $10.00

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect the scoundrel has their tail between their legs...and has run like a scared dog.... rofl.

I'm in for a small donation to help Gary out with the replacement....IS ANY ONE ELSE WILLING TO JOIN IN...

Al $10.00
Good idea, Al, I like the idea of helping folks who help folks.
Dave $10.00

;Sweet

jlwoods99

Reaction score

Al $10.00
I'd be in.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online