Dismal Blackstone Report

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well, today I got an email from Blackstone with my report from my oil change that happened about a month ago. It seems there is a distinct probability that I am sucking coolant, but I haven't really noticed a drop in the coolant level. (It is always low, but I think i have some pinholes in the top of my radiator). I also noticed a whiter color to my exhaust when I really get on the go pedal, but a don't smell the sweetness of the antifreeze.:dunno I dunno, but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling...

Maybe it's a good thing that I just got an alternate IDI.

On edit: With this last oil change, I have started an Auto RX treatment, so my 2,500 mile interval is up this weekend, so maybe I can get a better diagnosis when the next report goes in.

Attachments

• Blackstone Report 3.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what about getting all of that crap out of there when it's time to fix it the right way?
i've never had a problem with the residual stuff.
if you are worried, powdered Calgon bath soap in your radiator.
hell, when a oil cooler blows up in your cooling system, Calgon cleans up that muck.

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
i've never had a problem with the residual stuff.
if you are worried, powdered Calgon bath soap in your friend.
hell, when a oil cooler blows up in your cooling system, Calgon cleans up that muck.

Dang it Calvin, I'm going to need therapy now. That just put an image in my head that's never going to wash out... Calgon..take me away.... :eek::puke::rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it Calvin, I'm going to need therapy now. That just put an image in my head that's never going to wash out... Calgon..take me away.... :eek::puke::rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
you want to get really warped?
ask sean/6nebidi's about sending his brother into the local pharmacy for calgon and a tin of vaseline:eek::rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao;Sweet

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
May have to look into the possibility of the oil cooler, but there is no oil in the coolant... But what is the general consensus, do you think I will make it home?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so... 140 miles isn't that far, just keep a close eye on the gauges and don't push it too hard. My truck developed a head gasket leak like that and I drove it a little longer. No guarantees but I would do it unless the truck was running very poorly or you smelled that sickening sweet coolant in the exhaust smell. You don't really need new studs or bolts, they are not torque to yield like the GM 5.7 bolts. True its a good idea but if you can't swing it you can't swing it. You do have to get the heads checked and get good upgraded gaskets and chase the threads in the block...get everything really clean.