diesel newbe

norfolkff05

Reaction score
This is my first post here, sorry its so long. I've been looking at diesels for some time and I want one, but I dont know a lot about them. I've been reading a lot on different forums. A friend at work is selling his 89(maybe 88?) f250 4x4, ext cab, 5 speed with about 236k miles for $3200. It has new tires and looks great, new paint about 3 years ago that looks almost new. There aren't even any noticable tears/rips in the upholstery. He bought it new and has maintained it very well...new g plugs, brakes, and fuel pump just recently. I haven't driven it yet, but he says it has no problems except the ac isn't working. It's an xlt with all the options. Is the price he's asking good? What should I look for and what do I want to avoid? I've read about what to look for when buying 94-97psd, does the same apply? should I check sca levels, etc? anything to look for in the oil? I'm planning on spending the cash to put a turbo(probably ats or hypermax) on it, any suggestions?Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my PSD and bought a 93 7.3idi and don't regret it a bit just don't expect the same power.

you have also found the place for research, just use the search box and you can find enough to tell you you want itLOL

I say it doesn't matter what its worth, its what its worth to you.

haywire

Reaction score
i had a 96 psd., it ran pretty good but i prefer the idi engine too. doesn't have as much power less you turbo it though. my 76 runs as good or better than any stock, or mildly modified 1st gen. psd that i've seen or driven. 3200 doesn't sound like a bad price either if it's in good shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel