Diesel down

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Gotta buddy up in Ohio that has a problem.2004 Dodge Ram 24V.He is at exit 50 just north of Cincinatti.For the past few weeks he has been complaining of power issues and hard starts.I checked it out about 2 weeks ago and sure nuff.I would throw the switch and it would start but then sputter and die.Wouldn't restart unless I cycled the switch and it would sputter and die again.I finally would get it to run if I put the loud peddle to the floor while cranking and held it at half throttle after it caught.Would sputter and cough for a couple seconds then run ok.I would blip the throttle and it would sputter slightly before reving.Pretty much it is a dead give away the lift pump is dead.Anyone in the area lend him a hand before he takes it up the butt?He is talking about taking to a diesel shop it across the street from the Pilot truck stop.Hope he didn't fry the IP on it too.His number is 256-557-1146.His name is Richard Evans.If you call him tell him Freighttrain sent ya.Hope someone up there knows a good shop that won't skull love him.:eek:

kg4tnp

Reaction score
not in that area but the fleet I maintain has 3 of those cummins in it. Sounds like youre dead on the money we had 2 that lost the lift pumps and had the same running condition. The other one had a weird hard start that turned out to be plugged injectors, plugged common rail and a bad lift pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online