Getting ready for the fun:
You must be registered for see images attach

Old POS dana 44ttb removed:

Coil buckets removed (the longest process of the entire swap was torching and grinding all the rivets for tall the brackets!!! -cuss ):

New Spring hanger mounted:

Spring shackle hanger mounted:

Done for the night:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Today, finished mounting all the hangers, and finished installing the front end:

Got it all buttoned up, drove it 45mins on I-75 back home at 75mph with no problems and nothing but 2 fingers on the wheel.(before it was white knuckle, fighting the whole time to keep it in the lane).

Will get more pics of it completed up tomarrow

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please, please tell me those are not Boat trailer "rollers" for a body lift?cookoo They look about 4"-5" in height if I am correct and tapered which leads me to think that is exactly what they are?

I suppose if they are that makes it just that much more a swamp buggy eh?:rotflmao;Sweet

:popcorn

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Please, please tell me those are not Boat trailer "rollers" for a body lift?cookoo They look about 4"-5" in height if I am correct and tapered which leads me to think that is exactly what they are?

I suppose if they are that makes it just that much more a swamp buggy eh?:rotflmao;Sweet

:popcorn

yup that is exaclty what they are. It was the cheapest way to get 6 inches of lift and i was flat broke. I did that years ago when I first got the truck, and have had no problems with it. I have the 10 boat roller halfs on energy susp. eurethan bushings, 1/2 inch grade 8 hardware instead of original 7/16, and steel triangulated reinforcements to keep it from swaying. At least I didnt use hockey pucks

Eventually, now that the SAS is complete that body lift will be coming off and a susp lift will be going on.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I didnt use hockey pucks ...

YOU of all people, are in NO postion to imply that those of us who have used hockey pucks, are in some way or form less technically astute!

LOL :rotflmao

Very nice job on the coil to leaf conversion though. ;Sweet

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
ive always wondered how all the bronco guys suck up all the dana 60's and the 3/4 ton guys cant find any, but you answered my questions ive had for a long time , now that i know the front shacle hangers bolt in and you cut the bottom of the frame, but hay man nice job man !!

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
ive always wondered how all the bronco guys suck up all the dana 60's and the 3/4 ton guys cant find any, but you answered my questions ive had for a long time , now that i know the front shacle hangers bolt in and you cut the bottom of the frame, but hay man nice job man !!

Thanks bud :cheers: Yup the front frame hangers just bolt into place, the rear 3 bolt holes line up perfectly with the 3 rivets in the front body mount, so all u gotta do is remove the rivets and thru bolt it through those 3 factory holes and it perfectly locates the hanger, then just gotta drill and bolt the front holes. also on the 3/4 and 1tons theres a large dimple in the frame where the shackle bolt goes through thats not there on a half ton so a spacer is needed between the frame rail and the shackle.

Most guys utilize a shackle reverse kit when converting to a d60 in a half ton. they box the frame horns an fabricate some front hangers outa 4x4 steel tube with a 2x4 crossmember and put the shackle on the rear of the spring. It adds like 5 inches of lift with no other modification. Eventually when Im ready to lift the truck Ill do that but for now the way I did it will suffice.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
YOU of all people, are in NO postion to imply that those of us who have used hockey pucks, are in some way or form less technically astute!

LOL :rotflmao

Whats this "YOU of all people" crap? And Exactly what "position" is it you believe Im in? :backoff;Really
Haha I wasnt implying that yall who use hockey pucks are less "technically astute" whatever that means. lol. The reason I belive the method I used is better is in the respect that the rollers are designed with a material composed specifically to withstand the elements and not dry rot and crumble, also there is a steel sleeve molded into them wich prevents them from collapsing. After 5 years they have not deteriorated in the least or given me any trouble what so ever, I have had friends who used hockey pucks and had them fail after only a few years.

Very nice job on the coil to leaf conversion though. ;Sweet

Thanks! :cheers:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
With the wheels on it. Only had 5 of them so gonna have to run 4 till I can get another one.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Is the Dana 44HD coil over the same as a leaf sprung version?

If so I would find leaf springs and swap it into that white truck. And then sell it, and make most of your money back.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If so I would find leaf springs and swap it into that white truck. And then sell it, and make most of your money back.
FWIW, based on the pics of the white truck, I think it's a glider now...

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the way the rear dually tires stick out, i think id just run regular frt rims instead of dually frt rims. then get a set of cut out fender flares for the frt.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score

Na the 44 isnt a HD, just a plane old 44ttb, and the 44ttb's were never leaf sprung, I know the 44HD ttbs till 87 and then d50ttb's in the 3/4 tons were leaf sprung. But either way, that white truck isnt mine, I just bought the front end outa it from the guy. He's already made his money back plus some, got 700 from me and 600 for the alcoa's, and he only payed 1k for the thing. And hese still got the dump bed, tranny and t-case and everything else for sale too.

Last edited:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
with the way the rear dually tires stick out, i think id just run regular frt rims instead of dually frt rims. then get a set of cut out fender flares for the frt.

thought about that, but I like being able to rotate the tires, and this way I only need to carry one spare lol