Did some bumper work yesterday

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All made out of scrap so far. When and if I ever get it done it will all look seamless. I just wish I had a good weekend to work on nothing but the bumper. On a side note those tanks weighed 18200 lbs. Talk about pull hard with 3.55s and a c6.
before
You must be registered for see images

after

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
So you just angled the ends towards the back to match the body line better?

My phone doesn't give me too good of quality.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a little bit of grinder work and some paint that bumper would be down right pretty. ;Sweet
Keep up the good work

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper looks good sir ;Sweet

Also regarding the **** labs err Anhydrous tanks you're pulling. Ya dont see those dual tank setups around here. But we do get to watch CFS pull 3 or 4 down the road in one big train LOL

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riot its ammonia. You knife it into the ground for fertilizer on corn. Well that and **** heads use it to make methamphetamine.

Doubles suck ass to stop I can only imagine 3 in a row.

SearsMech

Reaction score
Yeah, Thank god they made P2K almost impossible to get. We're all alot safer now that they use amonia to make it!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
That is a nice looking bumper, I appreciate that you took the time and effort to match body angles.

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights are temporarily there. Some day when the brush guard is done they will move up and in.
I need a headache rack also.
Last week I had a 4 wheeler try and join me in the cab. Fortunately the window was open and it didn't break anything.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about those tanks and the fertilizer used back in Nebraska. Around here, you do not see those tanks being used in agriculture. We primarily use aqua or UN-32 for the corn. Typically aqua is shanked in the ground before pre-irrigation then UN-32 is used once the corn is a few weeks old. Actually just cultivated corn today and gave them a little shank of UN-32....which is a liquid source of nitrogen. That aqua will damn near knock you on the ground if you get a nice wiff of it lol. Smells just like ammonia but much more potent

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure why ammonia is preferred. Its probably a cost issue but I can't tell you. I know we used to run liquid years ago.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny around here they use ***** from cows, for fertilizer in the local corn field....Hmm

Monsanto and all the chemical fertilizer makes ya wonder if we are becoming some type of chemical reaction chambers as humans....what ever happened to good ole crap for fertilzer? The organic orchardists use it exclusively here in my area...

Oh how times change eh folks?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aqua (ammonia which is a good source for nitrogen) is a fairly cheap fertilizer. Although I am all for organic farming, the cost of organic fertilizer may be somewhat expensive. It also takes more "bulk" to get the same amount of NPK with organic fertilizer products such as manure than it does with other inorganic fertilizers. In my opinion, it is all about sustainable farming and how you implement chemical, biological, mechanical, cultural, and physical management.
Now on with that bumper lol. Not a bad setup you got there.

Last edited: