Declaring my truck full of leaks!

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Well unlike some others on here:rolleyes: my truck seems to develop a new leak every day!
First it was the radiator............and now the rear fuel tank!:mad:

I dont want to tear into fixing either problem till it warms up in a month or so.

I cant help but wonder what is next?!

Any suggestions about the rear tank? I dont know how bad it is but i will probably end up replacing it. If i do.......what works best steel or plastic? What is the deal with the bronco tanks? Could i leave my spare under the bed with the Bronco tank? Will the bigger tank even fit with a trailer hitch? Any advise is always appreciated! Thanks guys! :cheers:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
guess your old lady finally had enough of your crap and started to sabotage your rigLOL

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Declaring my truck full of leaks!

Nice one! LOL

I think I was where you are at about 2 years ago. That's why I was so happy to reach leak-freedom

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by Diezel_Cowboy
Any suggestions about the rear tank? I dont know how bad it is but i will probably end up replacing it. If i do.......what works best steel or plastic? What is the deal with the bronco tanks? Could i leave my spare under the bed with the Bronco tank? Will the bigger tank even fit with a trailer hitch? Any advise is always appreciated! Thanks guys! :cheers:
Transfer Flow has a 31 gallon rear tank where you lower the spare by 4" and a 45 gallon rear where you'll need to remove the spare. They are a bit pricy though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a good rear tank out of an 84' I'd sell you real cheap, but since I'm not allowed to know what country, state or city your from, I have no idea if it would be worth the cost of coming to get it or having it shipped.

mirage2521

Reaction score
When I was stationed at Fort Eustis running a boat for the Army the Harbormaster came and found me one day and told me I could no longer drive in the port area. When I stopped and parked for a few hours, I was a mobile hazardous waste spill, when I left I parking spot I left

1. coolant (water pump)
2. oil (valve covers I think)
3. oil (rear main seal)
4. gear oil (transmission rear seal)
5. diesel fuel (over filled and leaking front tank seal)
6. gear oil temp seal on rear end)
7. and on time a paint can had spilled in the back and paint leaked out of the bed
I am happy to say that 99% of those are fixed, still need to change one more valve cover gasket.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Originally posted by mirage2521
When I was stationed at Fort Eustis running a boat for the Army the Harbormaster came and found me one day and told me I could no longer drive in the port area. When I stopped and parked for a few hours, I was a mobile hazardous waste spill, when I left I parking spot I left

1. coolant (water pump)
2. oil (valve covers I think)
3. oil (rear main seal)
4. gear oil (transmission rear seal)
5. diesel fuel (over filled and leaking front tank seal)
6. gear oil temp seal on rear end)
7. and on time a paint can had spilled in the back and paint leaked out of the bed
I am happy to say that 99% of those are fixed, still need to change one more valve cover gasket.

Tell you what mirage.............so far you have me beat.............but it seems as though im catching up to what you discribed every day!