Dealership screwed up bad!!!!

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
Hey guys I would like some opinions on this my friend has a '02 3500 dually six speed with no extras. Tuesday he took the truck in to the local dealer to have a serious lack of power looked at + front brakes. They told him that he needed a hevy duty themostat and that was the prob along with replacing the crank dampner (the seal was torn in a couple spots). $1315 and 3 days later we left. Going down I90 at about 75mph, 5 miles from the dealership he starts waving his hands around for me to pull over we stop and he tells me his temp light pegged out. After much cussing and whatnot we crack the radiator cap and guess what NO WATER/COOLANT!!! -cuss What need to know is what all of you guys think about what we should do and if that could have messed up the engine bad or not???

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Get that truck back to that dealer ASAP! They must have really screwed up something... You should not have to go and re-check everything that they did before you drive off. They are suposed to be the qualified people that are suposed to know what they are doing! Tell them it overheated bad and get in writing that they are going to be reposible for whatever damages pop up later because of it. If you are lucky everything will be OK but if not and you find out you have scored up cyliders later that deal in writing will hold up to getting a new engine. If all else fails, raise some serious hell in their office! Sometimes that gets their attention a little bit better. Remember, they dropped the ball, not you!
Best of luck
Ken

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First how many miles are on his truck, if it has under 100k it all should have been covered anyway. Second that sucks bad and ken is right get it all in writing, if it overheated that bad there could be some serious damage that may not be seen for a while. Good luck.

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
thanks guys. This is second engine in this truck (first one crapped out at 50K)this one had the injector pump go out on the new engine. and when they replaced it they did not tighten the fuel lines properly and my friend got 6 miles to a gallon for like a month. just a no-luck-having truck from a crappy dealership.

DSteinel

Reaction score
bubtheman said:
thanks guys. This is second engine in this truck (first one crapped out at 50K)this one had the injector pump go out on the new engine. and when they replaced it they did not tighten the fuel lines properly and my friend got 6 miles to a gallon for like a month. just a no-luck-having truck from a crappy dealership.

Sounds like it should have been warrenty work and now some more warrenty work and then I would find another dealer to take it to the next time :backoff

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seem like none of these dealers know how to work on these truck right, -cuss sorry for all of the problems. I am waiting for my injector pump to go, hopefully soon before the warrenty runs out.

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
So they cllaed back. their techs are acting pissed off about us saying they screwed up and the sevice mngr acts like he don't give a crap. and I think that DISHMAN DODGE in Spokane Wa sucks. -cuss they screwed up and are acting mad that we are saying anything about it. the mngr said he doesn't think overheating like that could screw anything up :rotflmao screw these idiots

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Dam...
What a screw job. I sincerely hope you make it out of this OK. Get on the phone with Dodge and keep calling until you get some satisfaction.
Best of luck
Ken

scrappy

Reaction score
bubtheman said:
So they cllaed back. their techs are acting pissed off about us saying they screwed up and the sevice mngr acts like he don't give a crap. and I think that DISHMAN DODGE in Spokane Wa sucks. -cuss they screwed up and are acting mad that we are saying anything about it. the mngr said he doesn't think overheating like that could screw anything up :rotflmao screw these idiots

If they are so pissed about it tow it directly there and ask where all the coolant went if they had done their job and filled it like they were supposed to! And I would involve the OWNER of the dealership! I would also get in writing that if ANYTHING goes bad down the road related to overheating that THEY WILL fix it. And for good measure I would ask for a copy of the tech's pink slip(fire him immediately) he is responsible and he isn't going to have to pay directly to fix your truck when it breaks down because of HIS screwup, so make him pay indirectly. if they don't do all of this(or at least most) then I would take it up woth DC customer service

Last edited:

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
yep... i sold cars for about a year when i got laid off from aircraft work. i know alot of people still in the biz. i went to the dealership with my friend to help him out. every time i said something they gave me the go f yourself look cause i was sayin' what yall are sayin. the tech said the 3 gallons missing could have been an air bubble in the system and i asked if he really thought we were that dumb. he was pissed.the bad part about it is my friend would just like them to wave the bill for all the work and go find a new truck but they're raising a stink over him stopping payment on the check. i would like to go down there and raise hell but it's not my deal and i don't want to mess up my friend deal. so .......i'l keep you posted........thanks for the input

Tinman875

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dodge dealer about 5 years ago and there was a dude driving around the block all day with " petersens dodge is a rip off don't buy it!!" on thier camper shell. It was funny as hell. I guess the manager called the police after all day of it. I think it was great :Sly

bubtheman

God I need a beer!!
Reaction score
Thats funny :rotflmao just to keep every one posted the truck is now having seious over heating problem poor mileage and no power at all but the dealership refuses to admit any wrong doing :backoff jerks

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Call the Better Business Bureau and get them involved. I"d also definately call Customer Service and tell them what's happened. Last step is to contact a Lemon Law lawyer and take legal action against these pin heads.

Luck with it.

[><]

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully agree with the horseman, these jerks did your friend wrong and they need to be held responsible for their screw up -cuss . Go way above their heads and hopefully DC will come through for your friend :backoff . Good luck see ya

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin