Dealers Diesel Motor

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
I recently bought a 92 f250 and it is great. But I was wondering if any of you on here had heard of Dealers Diesel out of Minnesota. The engine in my 92 is a remanufactured turbo motor built by them. I was wondering if anybody knew if there phone number. I cant seem to find it. I would like to ask them some questions. I cant identify the turbo setup which the previous owner says he has not messed with which puts out 20 pounds before the wastegate blows off. I would like to know if the compression has been lowered at all or anything because I would like to turn that down if it hasnt. It seems like a good deal though. I paid 2800, its a 5 speed, 4x4, and the motor was put in about 4 years ago.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the rebuilder years ago, but not recently.
Irregardless, I seriously doubt a production shop would drop in a set of custom slugs into a motor. Just for grins, I'd put on another boost gauge first just to make sure the readings are correct. At 20lbs boost, your head gaskets wouldn't last long at all.

suv7734

Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that the company changed names to something like Reviva.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 20 is way too much for a stock motor. Get another boost gauge and see what you really have...if its 20, make sure it blows off at around 11-13 max. If the PO didn't mess with that wastegate, 20PSI CAN'T be right. Its really hard to make that much boost on an IDI with a stockish fuel system no matter how modified the motor is.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with JD. No way is there actually 20 pounds. If there were, you'd be picking up pieces and mopping the floor.

norve8c9

Payton
Reaction score
Ill look into another boost gauge, I doubt it is really twenty pounds either but it sure does run hard.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I installed a Dealers Diesel in the Enterprise and yes they changed their name to Reviva, that happened about 5 years ago give or take. They don't lower compression they just assemble stock type engines. They do offer to swap out a non turbo with a turbo.

I also agree that I doubt it's really hitting 20 lbs - might be but highly doubt it. As said the engines won't last a long time with doing that on a consistant basis.