Dang nabbit, truck wont start

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just curious - we do not deal much with gelled fuel here, but is there a way you could hook up the fuel heater to turn on earlier to warm it up? Would that help in a gelled fuel situation?

No. not unless you have some way to heat the entire fuel system from tank to injectors

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Still nothing. i tried the 911 in the filter with no difference. GPs are working fine (light is staying on for 8-15 seconds each time). Still getting some intermitant white smoke out the exhaust but it wont turn over. I do hear the fss click, and the gp relay is clicking. i do notice though, intermitantly it will crank with more of a shake then other times. like its trying to do something, its hard to explain...like sometimes it'll just crank real smooth, other times it'll shake the whole engine.

After getting the lil propane torch and heating the filter head up did i get something out the scrader valve. Kind of running out of ideas, and i dont wanna kill the batteries. Like i said its parked across the street with heavy traffic so i cant plug it in or use a batt charger.

i dont get how it was starting great and then one day nothing. Only two places close to get fuel, one i always go to and another that i wouldnt use if i had to. This is really starting to **** me off, everything seems to be in proper working order and nothing. as a last ditch effort im gunna get 5 gal of fuel and put it in with a heavy dose of additive...maybe, just maybe the fuel level is lower than it is...although it has 68 miles on it and i can get at least 250 on the front tank befoe its 1/4 full. besides that i guess its time to start cracking lines and see where im not getting fuel. i dont know but i just wanna park it and let it sit until spring.

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
Propane heater with a skirt made from cardboard or plastic to hold the heat in. Please be sure to turn off the propane heater before using ether. What about those hand/feet warmers that you open up and they start making safe heat wrapped around filter, hard lines & IP, just thinking out loud...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
well its running, lit right up with a mist of ether. turned it off and it lit right away again with no ether. thank goodness it wasnt fuel.

so now to investigate. WTS light stays on for 8-15 seconds. i did take the wires off the fender solenoid and tightened em up again for ***** n giggles.

thanks everyone.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you have it running ;Sweet

Don't forget to park someplace where you have good access just in case....

Optikalillushun

Reaction score

haha ya its goin in the yard nexdoor (we have both sides of a half double) to investigate. its right next to my garage so i can tinker and stuff.

still baffles me how it just wouldnt start one day after doing so countless times before.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online