Dana 70 HD?

IDIeselman

Reaction score
What's the difference between a Dana 70 HD and the standard dana 70 dually rear ends? I have a 70 HD in a truck I'm taking to the scrap yard and wondering if it's worth saving.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd save it. People always need dually axles.

If it's out of a pickup rather than cab / chassis it's probably worth a little more since it can be used for a dually conversion on a single wheel truck.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dana 70 HD

The HD has a bigger pinion and I beleave there more splines on the axles then the standard.
32to 35 spline???

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a 900.00 rear axle from the salvage yards.i got mine from the yard for 300.00 cuz the guy was argueing with me about it not fitting my truck.he said "ill give it to you for 300 but if it dont fit i dont want it back.".same width backing plate to backing plate as my 10.25 except the spring perches were about 2 inches too far out for my springs.i bought it had a buddy cut the perches off,move them and reweld them to the axles.i showed up at the salvage yard a couple hours later with it and the guys jaw hit the floor.of course i said"i told you it would fit!,all i had to do was move the perches and by the way thanx for the 900 dollar axle!":D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between a Dana 70 HD and the standard dana 70 dually rear ends? I have a 70 HD in a truck I'm taking to the scrap yard and wondering if it's worth saving.

Hey I could use it!