Dana 60 swap questions?

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
After some looking Ive found a Dana 60 axle out of a 93 F350 not too far from me. Everyone I talk to about the swap has a different answer on the parts I need. The axle is by itself. What parts do I need in order to fit it under my stock 94 F250?

Thanks

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type truck do you have right now? Need some more info to tell you what you need.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing for sure, you need the bracket/mount for the trac/locator bar. I might be calling it the wrong thing, but around here, that's one of the hardest things to find. The bracket, that is, that mounts to the frame of the truck. Whatever it's called, it keeps the axle from moving side to side under there.

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Ive got a stock 1994 F250 4x4 with the TTB independent style front axle.

Dumb question. Is a trac bar and sway bar the same thing?

My napa guy said he could get me the pitman arm if I couldnt find one.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
you are going to need F350 solid axle springs
steering linkage
Panhard bar and bracket
driveshaft mod
that is it . everything else is the same(not so sure on brake parts)

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
Bought the axle this morning. It had the trac bar and mount with it. The calipers were on it and look the same as my F250. So what does my driveshaft need?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
the d60 uses a differnt driveshaft(double cardian joint) IIRC a f250 Driveshaft will not bolt to the D60. Also F250 spring are completly different than 350 spring

O and i hope you got the drives side u bolt bracket. I goes around the pumpkin for the u bolts to attach the axle to the spring

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing you will need is your axle, trac bar and bracket that bolts to your crossmember, and the whole steering set-up( tie rods ect....) You can buy a u-bolt flip kit if you do not have the driverside axle plate. Its cheaper just to buy the conversion flip kit than buy one of those plates. For the shock mounts on the flip kit I just took my old leaf spring plate and cut it down to fit on the new spring plate and welded it. As far as the driveshaft I used the same shaft but I also have a lift. I think you can just notch your transfer skid plate if you have a issue with clearance with your driveshaft. You can also use your leaf springs. Don't even unbolt them from the truck unless your new d60 came with them. I can take some pics of my set-up if you want. I made my own leaf spring plates and just bought the u-bolts I needed. The brakes should be the same as long as you have a dana 50 ttb in your truck now. U can tell by the lockout hub size.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The only thing you will need is your axle, trac bar and bracket that bolts to your crossmember, and the whole steering set-up( tie rods ect....) You can buy a u-bolt flip kit if you do not have the driverside axle plate. Its cheaper just to buy the conversion flip kit than buy one of those plates. For the shock mounts on the flip kit I just took my old leaf spring plate and cut it down to fit on the new spring plate and welded it. As far as the driveshaft I used the same shaft but I also have a lift. I think you can just notch your transfer skid plate if you have a issue with clearance with your driveshaft. You can also use your leaf springs. Don't even unbolt them from the truck unless your new d60 came with them. I can take some pics of my set-up if you want. I made my own leaf spring plates and just bought the u-bolts I needed. The brakes should be the same as long as you have a dana 50 ttb in your truck now. U can tell by the lockout hub size.

How the Hell do you use 250 reverse arch spring w a a D60?cookoo The truck will be on the ground. Like i said use 350 springs. They have a slight upward arch. the 250 springs have a downward arch.(close to 4" difference) If you use 250 springs 235/85/16 will be crammed in the fenders

tractorman86

Reaction score
i've got rancho 4" lift springs. it should ride at the same level as the ttb did, right? both are spring over setups why would it sit different, or is it that the 60 needs more room than the 50?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online