Dana 50 ttb trouble :(

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
I have a 97 f250 stoker and to make a long story kinda short me and the gf were on our way to a concert and I was in the granny lane on the high cruising at 70 and this women flew up the hammer lane cut over in from of me and locked the brakes up and cut in to the passing lane and barley missed her but hit the jersey barrier we were ok buy it pushed my axle in to my oil filter and busted it I got the truck to a pull off had one of those road side service trucks take me to the local parts store and got oil and a new filter and made it to the concert but!!!!! My steering wheel is a little off to the right and when I cut it had to the left the tire rubs on the wheel well and when straight I can fit my hand in between the tire and the fender but not on the driver side it looks like the axle slide back about a inch. Question is after all that can I just unbolt the u bolt and put a come a long on it and pull it forward the and tighten them back up or what should I do?

Thanks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of three things happened,broke the center pin in the spring,bent the ttb arm or bent the frame.

Look at spring,did ttb arm slide back?youd know just by looking at it.if yes,broken centet pin.if no,take it to a frame shop

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
my guess is a combo of axle beam and frame....i would be looking right around the engine cradle like a hawk. i bought an 85 f250 a long time ago that had an untimely meeting with a brick church sign that just that...not only did it bend a d50 ttb arm...it tweaked the frame about 1.5" to one side

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
Yea I pulled the wheel off and took a closer look the center pin is bent over and the ubolts are bent. The axle slid back and the ttb arm looks tweeked but I'm not 100%. The spring it's self is fine

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
Frame and engine cradle are fine every thing else is straight the axle may not even be bent I jack it up and it go back in place

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Look at the frame where it meets the cradle and look for any bending or buckling...look at your rad support mounts too

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
If it is its just another excuse to throw a dana 60 under it. And I did I couldnt find anything

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replace the center pin if its bent.dont just replace the u bolts!!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the beam good.i have a customer who bent his drivers side rolling into a tree stump

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
That's the only thing I'm not sure about because it looks kinda tweeked but I'm not sure till I get it all the way apart

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online