Cummins L10?

wmoguy

Reaction score
We are looking at a bus motorhome that has a Cummins L10 in it, Allison auto with a 2 speed rear end :sly How's this motor in terms of reliability and cheapness to fix/run?
I would be SUPER happy if this thing ran well on blended WMO ran thru my Centrifuge. Anyone know how it would do?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
One little air leak will shut any modern diesel down , thats a given. as far as running, they are pretty good engines. I got to drive some when they first came out, I embarressed myself first day driving for a steel yard that had them in their trucks. Was pulling a 40 ft flat loaded down HEAVY with steel through the mountains all day and the fuel gage didnt barely move all day there was only one 75 gal tank on the truck, When I got back to town,instead of heading for the pumps, i pulled into the shop to report a busted fuel gauge ( I have visually checked the tank before leaving and it had been topped off ) They just laughed ( I wasnt the first ) those things get insane fuel mileage , We were getting somewhere arounf 18-20 mpg with those rigs, that was mind boggling considering my pickup only gets that running empty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel