cummins 12 valve wmo lift pump upgrage?

Joe Blow

Reaction score
I'm currently running 80/20 wmo/rug. I filter to 1 micron before it goes into my truck but I would like to add a 1 mic filter before my injection pump, but the 1st gen lift pump is terrible even pushing trough a 7 mic. What electric lift pump is a good upgrade? Thanks.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Depends how much pressure and flow you need.
I know a lot like the fass setups. Just pricey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Reaction score
I ran the low pressure piston pump for 1 day and it blew out my front iP seal and filled my crank case with oil and gas for me. Lol took it off and been to nervous to try it again. The reason I want electric is because nothing on my truck is electric except lights and cooling fans and my tach runs off the alternator and gets no signal unless my lights and fans are on. I tried the crank trigger and it burned up due to the irradic voltage. Built capacitor/resistor added voltage protection and still burnt another one up. So I went to using the alternator, but the number of poles is wrong so I run it through a 7018 frequency divider ic chip wired to divide by 4. It's powered by a 9v battery for isolation from the violent spikes the non loaded alternator makes.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which piston pump did you get?

The standard lift pump for the ve should put out around 12psi (which they offer aswell).

There were quite a few being sold as "low pressure" pumps but what people were finding out is that they were just stock replacement pumps for the p-pump and were pushing north of 30psi.

When I had my IP off last time, I replaced the front seal and installed it with red loc-tite. Its worked great thus far.

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Well according to the part number I checked, double checked and checked again, had someone else double check as well, asked the company I ordered it from. It was supposed to be the low pressure piston pump for the ve ip. But my luck is lousy.

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Why not electric lift pump for wmo gas blend? What I run I check the specific gravity and add gasoline until it's diesel spec .85

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, its just ******* them. Ive never ran one basically because I could get the piston pump cheaper then a quality electric pump... and they are known to pump just about anything. Perhaps others with e-pump experience will chime in.

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Cool I know the piston pumps are bullet proof. I wouldn't be disappointed if it would have not blew my seal lol

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you already have everything to mount the piston pump, call up the guys at TheHungryDiesel and the will sell just the pump. The pump they sell is a modified high pressure pump which runs a larger piston and uses custom regulator springs to set fuel pressure.

You can also tell them your concerns and I'm sure they can get you taken care of.

Good guys for sure.

Joe Blow

Reaction score
Yea I think I will give em a call and see if they can help. Thanks much buddy. Ps love your signature 4b swap

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a mr gasket 105 gph pump. So far it's been ok. Did have one burn up but It pulled a lot of thick fuel from my back tank and put it through a 2 mic cat filter. Doesn't help either they are factory set for about 7psi and I add a pen spring to get it closer to 12. Seems to help volume loss on long hard pulls. And they are meant for RUG. they are about $110 from advance auto

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7