Cruise control without clutch safety switch?

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I bought my truck, the cruise control did not work. I looked under the dash and found that the previous owner bypassed the safety switch on the clutch. So I pulled out the jumper wire out (can't remember where it goes) and the cruise started working. I would like to bypass the clutch safety switch and still have the cruise control working as I have to stab my clutch several times to get the truck started. Can I have the best of both worlds were my cruise control works and my clutch safety switch is disabled?

Thanks

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
On my 94 I cut the wires and spliced them together.( I think they were green with a red stripe) The guy I bought it from had put a 22mag bullet in the old switch that held the spring open. Yeah I about flipped when I saw that. and then my cruise started working.

cdnf250

Reaction score
If you go to the wrecking yard and locate an automatic model of pu you will find behind the dash a plug with about 4 blades in it.This pulls out and fits in the plug in for the clutch safety switch. I think this is the factory plug so they can use the same harness for either model. This also allows the cruise control to work properly. It works for me still 3 years later and I can switch it back in about 5 minutes and still looks like it should.

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the plug be under the dash where the safety switch is? Or do I pull the dash apart to get to it?

Thanks

cdnf250

Reaction score
Find the same set of wires under the column in the same place as the clutch wires , then follow them to the end where you will find the plug just behind the heater control area.