Cruise control issues, got a question or 50.

NitroBlazer

Reaction score
I have owned this 92 f-350 for about 4 years. Cruise has never worked since I've had it. I've recently purchased the full battery of Ford shop manuals for 92 that pertain to my truck.

Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting manual gives some tests but they are resistance checks. My system passes them all at the buttons, at the connector to the slip ring in the wheel, and the connector at the bottom of the column.

When I check at connector 216 that plugs into the amplifier I get a constant 28 ohms that does not change when buttons are pressed. There is also no power to the module. I don't know how much power it should have. I do get a few millivolts but that could be my meter wacking out.

The EVTM gives the tests then says refer to section 10-03 of the shop manual. Which I assume is the body/chassis electrical manual. Problem is; there is no section 10 or 9 for that matter. Goes from 8 straight to 11.

Sooooo, anyone here know anything about this system? Or the name of the ford manual that includes this stuff?

I'm kind of at a loss. There is no good reason why there is no change in resistance or power to the connectors. I'm guessing there is a connector pulled loose somewhere but I don't know where. My next step is to buy a rotunda or thexton cruise control tester and read the manual that comes with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online