Crewcab Soundproofing

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I want to knock down some of the road noise I'm getting thru the floor. I have the original carpet and soundproofing and its in very good condition. I remember Travis (argve) talking about something that has a sticky back that he used on the door skins. Anybody got some ideas???

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
dynamat is what you're talking about, we use similar stuff in our classic cars. But that stuff is SO expensive, you'd most definitely be in a few hundred dollars to soundproof your whole truck.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Go to some place like Ziebart and get them
to put their undercoating on a little extra thick.
They claim it acts as a sound deadener then.
That's what we told customers when I worked
there way back when. :D It'd be well over $200.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could put a good heavy coat of Herculiner (roll on bedliner) over the floor.It will definately lower your cab resonaces and give it a real solid feel when you knock on it.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
i've heard good things about "peel & seal" . pick it up at lowes. same make up as dynomat, just a lot less $. you'll need a heat gun if you put it on in cold weather.
chris

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used some of the dynamat clones and love it, nice and quiet. Jegs or summit.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget dynamat! Go to a local roofing supply wholesaler and look for something similar to the peel and seal at lowes! You can buy it buy the roll for CHEAP!!!! It's exactly the same as dynamat and way cheaper. I'll get the exact name for you tomorrow, but it's like a 15" or 18" wide roll and they use it to seal flashing or something...

Ryan

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget dynamat! Go to a local roofing supply wholesaler and look for something similar to the peel and seal at lowes! You can buy it buy the roll for CHEAP!!!! It's exactly the same as dynamat and way cheaper. I'll get the exact name for you tomorrow, but it's like a 15" or 18" wide roll and they use it to seal flashing or something...

Ryan

Just got the right name- It is "PEEL AND SEAL" as stated above!

Good luck!

Ryan

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bitathane, used for roofs and around windows. i have been using it for about 15 year in cars with stereo systems. the stuff i use it from h.d. or lowes and is 6"w x 50'L and runs about 15 bucks. i do all of my vw's with it and it works wonders, they dont sound like there falling apart (even though they are). the peel and seal is farely new on the market, so i have only used it on roofs a couple of times, it is somewhat thinner than the bitathane, but would still work fine.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I have my trans out I'm gonna undercoat the floor. I found some professional under coat with sound deadener at AutoZone. It was like 6bucks a can, I'll find out if it makes any difference in a few weeks.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I did the Dynamat thing when Goldie got her makeover. ;Sweet
Firewall and floors all the way back under the rear seats. It did make a noticeable difference but yep it's expensive.
Just need to do the doors yet since the front doors are new.

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I have my trans out I'm gonna undercoat the floor. I found some professional under coat with sound deadener at AutoZone. It was like 6bucks a can, I'll find out if it makes any difference in a few weeks.

Did it make a difference?