Crew cab carrier bearing question.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Still working on converting my crew cab to a 4x4. I have noticed a little driveline vibration. My question si does anyone know if the 4x4 carrier bearing mount is any different than the 2wd carrier bearing mount? I am contemplating making a 2 inch block for it to actually lower it and possibly correct driveline angels associated with the 4 inch blocks in the rear.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did my swap I just made the 1st shaft angle match the t case. Basically it was straight out from the t case. The second shaft to the rearend absorbed all the angle changes. Not sure if its right but it has worked My carrier bearing has always been the same since it was 2wd. From what I remember I think you want the axis of the rear pinion yoke and the t case yoke to be parallel.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent officially installed a transfer case yet. Still waiting on the guy with the 5 speed and case to get time to get together. Still running a 2wd E4Od. Havent adjusted anything on the driveshaft excpet installed 4 inch blocks in the rear ( factory ford lift blocks) then the ddriveshaft was a little longer and the splines not engages quite as far. I am looking around for apiece of 2 inch tubing that I have to drop the carrier down 2 inches.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Both of my 4wd crew cabs carrier bearings bolt right to the fame with no spacer. Hell even w 6" of lift I had no vibration

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone grab a picture of the mount.

Keep in mind Brad , mine was a 2wd origionally.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

heres mine. 2wd converted too.

My shafts are custom though when it was still 2wd. I had a vibration when i put the F350 4in blocks on. I had to shim the rear pinion up and it took care of it.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Yea there are like 2 to 4 different size bearings. just depends. held on my 2 1/2" bolts. just make sure you got a long enough 5/8 wrench to reach through the mount on top from the passengers side.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
There is no difference in the 2wd and 4wd bearings. There are different size ones, but it is not specific to the drive type.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
didnt chage mine on the 03 when I went from 2wd to 4wd, but a f-350 4wd omne is 2" differnt than a 250