Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
havent touched it since rally. got to much other things going on.

as for wiring, most of it is still the stock wiring. just rerouted.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
well, this past weekend i got it out and had some fun at a buddies house. he owns 12 acers and we started to cut trails. so far i need to replace the BW tcase that is in it with my 205. the BW case the chain jumps everytime under HARD load. aldo the last obstical i bent my dragling into a horseshoe. it was me and my friend adam that was there. he has a 94 ranger on 1 tons with a 302 under the bonnet.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont have any. but i can get some one the g/f puts them on her computer. these were just two i had on my phone.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
really wish it would flex a little more. the tire in the air always happens due to the motor weight. i will be filling the rear tires with windsheild washer fluid to help keep them down. will also help rebalance the rig. fill them about half full will be enough. other than that it worked well.

kubotaorange76

Reaction score
really wish it would flex a little more. the tire in the air always happens due to the motor weight. i will be filling the rear tires with windsheild washer fluid to help keep them down. will also help rebalance the rig. fill them about half full will be enough. other than that it worked well.
Y not inboard rear prints and use some half ton 63 Chevie's or something?

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
i will be installing the 63's but to do that i need to make antiwrap bar. more time. lol

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, finally got to work on the truck again. had a fuel issue. air in fuel. narrowed it down to a repacement fuel filter that replaced the factory water seperator. so off to the junkyard i went. came home with this!
You must be registered for see images attach

left is the faulty filter. it had a crack in the mount. on the right is a fuel water seperator off a Isuzu box truck. these are frame mounted, have no filter inside of them to replace and work well.

very easy to hook up the lines too! but here is the best part....

it bolts to the factory location like it was there all along. i will be making a thread on this for everyone.

now onto the heavy work.

old 1345 out. anyone want it? needs rebuilt. chain jumps. other than that all good!

205 with rails already modded for twin stick

northwest fab clocking ring installed. this rotates the front output up either 1.5 or 3 inches. i have it in the 3 inch location.

rotating the case required me to grind off the upper mount on the 205. i cant cut into my floor due to my seat mounts. normally i would of hammered the floor up.

patch welded on over the hole. i did smear some RTV over the welds just incase.

mounted! i did have to mod the tcase adapter too. didnt get pics of that. but i will soon. case needs to come back out to build new crossmember and reseal back of trans.

tucked up nicely.

twin sticks installed. i do have a boot for it that came with the shifters.

for those who dont know about twin sticks, here is why. you can have individual control of front and rear axle.

thats where i got today. next step is to make new driveshafts and crossmember.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, what is the benefits of different gearing front and rear? Im guessing high front could crawl over stuff better...? Strictly offroad im assuming, since we arent even supposed to use 4wd on pavement with 3.54/3.55's

Those guys are based in salem huh? Might have to see what they offer :)

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
not really. it is to be able to use front low or front high. have front wheel drive to be able to "pull" the front of the truck around witht he wheels turned. think front wheel drive on snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance