Crawler version uhh... UPDATED 3/30/13

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
more to drool over....
You must be registered for see images

also take notice, no more schoolbuses in the background. new job at a equipment rental place, working on boom, scissor lifts and off road fork lifts.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score

got two mounted up now.

custom steel fuel cell with baffles installed and a sump.

got my highsteer arms installed

stronger shackles installed

anti wrap bar installed.

got some clearance issues to deal with for the steering. need to look into this, this weekend.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
will get more pics friday or saturday. hope to get the other two tires mounted up tomorrow.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
busy today,

looks much better now with these rims.

pass side of high steer.

drivers side.

no more rock grabbing steering. also had to change diff covers due to the one i had was cast iron, could not weld a steering ram mount to it.

now for the only issue,

had to trim the engine crossmember to clear steering. well it will still hit it when flexed. so i guess a lift is in the near future.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corey,

Where and how much for studs for steering arms? I have a hi Steer for my rigs RH knuckle so I can go to true cross over soon. Just curious about those studs and cost and such.

Al

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
ordered steel to built new spring mounts for the front. going to use factory rear leaves on the front. also reverse shackle at the same time.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
well, i cheated on installing the rear springs on the front. cant comment on ride yet, but this works for about 2 inches of lift. i used the stock front f350 main leaf, then the rest of the pack is from a bronco rear leaf. also have a 3/4 inch zero rate in it. all good on clearance now.

in that last pic you can see i also flipped the front ubolts up. gets rid of the rock anchors.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, i cheated on installing the rear springs on the front. cant comment on ride yet, but this works for about 2 inches of lift. i used the stock front f350 main leaf, then the rest of the pack is from a bronco rear leaf. also have a 3/4 inch zero rate in it. all good on clearance now.

in that last pic you can see i also flipped the front ubolts up. gets rid of the rock anchors.

On that last shot, which looks great btw the whole pic set does...anyway on last shot, how deep do you cut into webbing for ubolt on the left inner U bolt?

I'm prepping a diff for rebuild with new KP and locker and was thinking of doing the ubolt flip as well.

As for rear springs, I was thinking you where going to move the hangers and install the longer main leaf and some of the rear pack not keep main leaf intact. Interesting concept I'll watch for more reports.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
the front leaves are longer than the rears, so moving hangers would have to be moved ALOT. this was simple.

as for the cutting the web, just cut till you have a decent radius that matches the ubolt. there are kits (WFO sells one, plates and ubolts) to do it. some guys leave the web and just put a 3/4 inch hole where the ubolt passes threw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7