Couple questions

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So, I need to know which way the bearing goes into the flywheel LOL. Yes, I forgot. Does it need to be pressed in from the rear of the flywheel (rear of truck facing towards the front), or the otherway?

Also, how do you test the CDR to see if its bad. When I pulled my intake, the tube running to the intake from the CDR had so much oil in it, all I had to do was turn it on one end and oil would start dripping out at a pretty good rate.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
From what everyone is saying, the CDR is bad right out of the box! :) I can't imagine that much oil and it not being bad. I put a new one on my truck as it was moving some oil into the intake (non-turbo) and it is now dry, been on there for close to a year, but I also don't put many miles on mine, but the miles I do are generally hard miles, pulling/hauling.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
From what I've heard from Calvin and Mel, the CDR needs to be replaced every 50k, if you dont know if its been replaced in 50k, then replace it. Dont even bother trying to clean it, it may work well for a while but you're just putting a band aid to the problem.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I should replace it then. But yes, lots of oil is going through that thing. The top of my engine is soaked in oil cause of it, and its getting out of hand, so I need to fix it. Where can I pick up a CDR, and will a CDR fit onto the ATS valve cover, or is it something special?

Also, anyone on the flywheel?

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Yes, I think I have the same issue as justin...... need to replace the CDR. Where to get one? (not trying to hijack this thread) lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think I have the same issue as justin...... need to replace the CDR. Where to get one? (not trying to hijack this thread) lol
sam-
the parts is a AC/Delco product but the stealership has them.
the look in the "parts bin" thread for the part number if you want to avoid glazed over stares when you tell them what you are looking for. You prolly get the glazed over stares to begin with when you pull up in that monster of yours.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
CDR's to my knowledge can only be had from Ford! They are about $50 IIRC, of course my dealership is pictured in the dictionary under stealership!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
E3TZ-6A665-A "Adapter assembly for Crankcase Ventilation" Also known as the CDR (Crankcase Depression Regulator) Valve ALL YEARS

Crankcase Depression Regulator-valley pan or valve cover grommet E3TZ-6A892-A

CDR tube and grommet assembly E8TZ-6A892-A ( the long one piece tube and grommet for n/a engines )

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep, a bad CDR can blow out the head gaskets on the back two cylinders. Plus all the oil its running in there can also cause excessive heat on the pistons.

You can also pick them up from your local IH truck service center. $50 is pretty much the going rate. I bought 4 of them a while back and just used the last one on my brothers 94 a few days ago.

I still run a RDT into the exhaust even with the new CDR. The new CDR keeps the vapors down to a minimum, the baffled valve cover keeps the oil from entering the CDR and RDT system, and the check valve at the exhaust prevents back pressure from entering the engine.
Yea ya get a little haze out the tail pipe at idle, but let me tell ya, NO BLOW BY. Its allot of work, especially if you cant drop the exhaust all the way to weld the tube in, but its well worth all the work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online