Convinced my buddy to buy an IDI

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last weekend I pushed my buddy into buying a IDI. I traded my plow truck that had his plow on it (for a powerstroke:sly) So he was left without a plow truck. He had been talking about getting a winter beater anyway...

So I found him an 86 F250, 6.9, 4 speed, 4x4 with 130k give or take.... For the low price of 400 bucks. It didnt run when he bought it, po (who is actually a member on here) said it was a bad injection pump... We were pretty pleased to find that it just need a new fuel pump and a rusty fuel line replace. It runs like a champ for 55 bucks in parts...

Only picture I have as of now
You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much tongue weight. Should have loaded it backwards. :sly

;Sweet on adding to the flock.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I though the sentence after the title was going to read, "and then I laughed at him and drove away in my cummins laughing. Now, after seeing that he fixed him a running vehicle for under $5oo, I hate you even more. Mine will be runnin one of these days...

SWS

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much tongue weight. Should have loaded it backwards. :sly

I wish we could have loaded it backwards.... but it was 33 degrees, raining, and we had to winch it on the trailer by hand-cuss

He also busted the ignition somehow in it.... he goes " i turned the key off but it just keeps running"... you can spin the key around 360 and nothing happens:rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been there... done that... got home at 3:00am. :rolleyes:

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it was nothing serious. I knew it ran good.

Ya, everyone, It's was my truck. At least I didn't scrap it. (thought about it, though)

I'm getting a 'new to me' diesel tomorrow. I'll post details later.

Guess I need to take it outta my sig don't I?