Coldstartadvance.help me trick my truck

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda nervous to break bolts as I no longer have the tools to fix a disaster or time to be drilling out bolts. If u were to think a bolt would snap what is the best way ud go about removing exhaust manifold/ bolts? I do know technicians to do the job but I won't learn anything that way but don't want to make more problems for someone else if I mess up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is a 94 f350 7.3 factory turbo 4x4 118k...engine was yanked in 05 for new oil pan 5 coats of grey paint then I inherited this old work horse and been working on it ever since. Won't be the last time I thank everyone here for all the help and making me appreciate the truck even more.

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of penetrating lube and a little bit of heat you shouldn't have any issues with the manifold bolts if care is taken. I did the manifold gasket on my 86 4x4 a couple weeks ago doing this with zero broken bolts, and that's an original motor apparently never touched besides fuel system so yours should be easier to get out. As far as a crack affecting it at idle it just shouldn't have any effect on it, if anything you will loose performance at higher rpm from a crack because your loosing some of your boost pressure. Idle is set to low or it needs to be timed/IP may need to be replaced.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess the I.p is right on que like the injectors/ front end were... looking to keep original but have it rebuilt/upgraded... will it suddenly just not work one day or what happened when the I.p goes

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the Xtra confidence only have map gas though no torch heads;*( heat around bolts and 12pt. Sockets?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad effects on motor besides starter?

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah I noticed good thing I check my oil lol