COLD START IDI VIDEO

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Who says motorcraft plugs wont swell? i have some to prove that one wrong, they can burn out/swell like all the rest, they just dont do it on the first crank like champions,

So far knock on wood, im having great results out of the autolite 1108 bullet style connectors, but they get heated no more than 5 seconds at a time, so far so good, and i know im playing with fire but im in a tight spot at the moment

zpd307

Reaction score
all these cold start vids remind me of all the times i was hoping the 90 would start in the winter...... and didnt. :mad:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok so here's mine from a few years back with a fully operational GP system firing up in January single digit temps starting faster than our 03 6.0L:sly

Note how long it takes for the oil pressure to come up.:eek:

You must be registered for see images attach

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Ok so here's mine from a few years back with a fully operational GP system firing up in January single digit temps starting faster than our 03 6.0L:sly

Note how long it takes for the oil pressure to come up.:eek:

You must be registered for see images attach

Just wait till your oil pressure dont come up at all after it gets running thats when you have a reason to do this:eek::sly:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Just wait till your oil pressure dont come up at all after it gets running thats when you have a reason to do this:eek::sly:D

IIRC it was either 3 or 6 degrees above zero that morning and the truck was not plugged in.;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
IIRC it was either 3 or 6 degrees above zero that morning and the truck was not plugged in.;Really

WOW! mine dont build much oil pressure no matter the temp and is always pretty hard to start, ubless its above 40 degrees, today i saw 0psi of oil pressure idleing and about 15 going down the road,:puke:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who says motorcraft plugs wont swell? i have some to prove that one wrong, they can burn out/swell like all the rest

do you have a functioning glow plug controller or manual glow setup?
did they get stuck in the head trying to get them out?
thanks.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
do you have a functioning glow plug controller or manual glow setup?
did they get stuck in the head trying to get them out?
thanks.

Had the funtional controller, yes i had to work 2 hours to get one out, but thats part of glow plugs they all go bad and swell up eventually, the only plug i ever seen not swell was some in my buddys truck he held them over 20 seconds many times when they finally burned up none were swelled

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good to hear they are not perfect.most of us where getting worried.:D
they sure have a low failure rate,like iv seen most posters claim.
as personally this is the first post iv read someone claim to have motorcraft/beru glow plugs swell up and get stuck in the head.and iv read way to many glow plug threads lol.:D
thanks for sharing your experience David.
some folks have claimed to see sites selling glow plugs listed as "ZD9" and such,and come to find out,they where not made by beru glow plugs.
your's clearly where stamped "beru" on them right? (just checking.)

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
as personally this is the first post iv read someone claim to have motorcraft/beru glow plugs swell up and get stuck in the head.and iv read way to many glow plug threads lol.:D
some folks have claimed to see sites selling glow plugs listed as "ZD9" and such,and come to find out,they where not made by beru glow plugs.

On the donor truck in my sig, I had a beru swell. This was before I found OB (and learned better ways to do things)and I broke it off trying to remove it.
It stuck where it was just reachable and I tried for a week to get it out before I lost patience and just started the engine to see if that would work.:eek:
I got lucky and it just shot out like a bullet.
That truck was abused a lot before I got as it was a Halliburton truck in it's former life. But it had the factory controller on it.:dunno
They can swell, though maybe not as often as the cheapies.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought about a heater around the oil pan, I figure that will help along with the coolant heater :dunno

Anyone tried those?

Mine sounded like CDX's kinda but not nearly as rumbly/dead cylindery as they were waking up ;Really

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

Am i saying motorcraft plugs suck? no am i saying they always swell when they burn out? no, all im saying is they can fail like the rest and they can swell, but that being said they are pretty much the best plugs out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online