cold air intake ideas?

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a pretty good idea on how i want to make my intake but id like to see some of yalls ideas to compare with mine to improve. Bring on the pics.yall!

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its similar to the ghost tube is my idea. Make a collar to fit at the intake and run a 5inch rubber 90 degree elbow off a junk frwightpiner classic and run 5 inch and reduce it to 4 inch and a k&n. 5" for intake sound if anyone wonders why so big not for better air flow

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
use a napa 6637? filter instead of the k&n. the k&n can let dust and small particles threw.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Take a real good look at the Hypermax Cowl induction and duplicate their design as best you can and you will have an excellent performing system ( or save yourself a lot of aggrivation and just buy the thing, your firewall is not flat, they already have that compound curve moulded nicely into that chunk of plastic) Works great, lowers EGTs around 350 deg f across the board ;Sweet

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of cowl inducton. Lol goin for sound and function

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
the cowl will give you the best sound and function. it thas been reported by all that have done the hypermax that they get a noticable growl out of the intake and
those with turbos get a really nice whistle from the intake.

I will be doing the hypermax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle