clearance lights

duaneboggs

Reaction score
I have all the heavy mechanical work done on my dually conversion.

Now I am to the point of adding the clearance lights on the cab. I have the lights and factory wiring harness I procured from the wrecking yard. What I need is advice from anyone who has added these lights to their truck and how you fished the harness up through the A-pillar and between the inner and outter roof skin. I was thinking of using a coat hanger once I get the holes drilled in the roof for the plugs on the lights but I didn't know if there was any easier way.

Thanks,

Duane

1992f250idi

Reaction score
what a buddy of mine did on his f150 that didn't have cab lights stock was just took the headliner down and drilled through both skins and hid the wires in between the inner skin and the headliner. i don't know if yours has a headliner but thats an idea.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help you on the cab lights but here's a little FYI

You need to put the 3 red identification lights on the back too. It's required on all vehicles and trailers over 80" wide except a semi tractor.

duaneboggs

Reaction score
Tonkadoctor

You are correct. I haven't decided yet if I am going to mount three separate lights or buy a pre-wired light bar.

Does anyone know if those light were mounted on the tailgate or under it from the factory?

Duane

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to fish a wire through the right clearance light and down the A-pillar. The red lights in the rear were mounted under the tailgate.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
as all the beds are the same you should already have the holes for the light bar. I helped a buddy add cab lights to his and we took the head liner down and between the holes in the top and the holes in the bottom we got the wires fished thru there it wasn't that bad at all.