CL "find"...

jam sandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a bit high with all those issues.. esp if it has no compression in one of the cylinders..
I paid 1600 for my 89 2wd 5spd idi w/186k. It came with new glow plugs, new starter, new batteries, and a new front tank which was given to me (not installed).
I put about 1000 worth of work/parts into it including new wheels, new a/c compressor, air filter, fuel sending unit, and window sealing trim.

My motor seems to run extremely well for such high mileage, it doesnt smoke at all.. but I imagine thats because of the lack of timing I'm running :)

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol that owuld be high in this area for a near perfect truck let alone a truck with only 4 new injectors, one bad compression cylinder, and a broken u-joint lol. i good mechanical condition '87 Reg Cab 2wd for $1,400 in Richmond

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
yeah its just high all over... i think i know of the kid that owns it... if its the same one he works at the advance on 301 in mechanicsville

does a lot of revving, burnouts, etc., probably where the broken yoke came from

so its down a cylinder and needs a transmission yoke
and he wants almost 3000?

k.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on now, didn't he say that's $1000 dollars worth of paint job:dunno You guys don't know good stuff when you see itLOL
Travis..

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Just one look and you know what kind of owner it is. Its just another dumb kid that beat the **** out of his rig and is trying to dump it off on someone after he screwed it up. Fairly common in my area.

Especially love the ones who have a rotting exhaust, sputtering engine, peeling paint...but GIANT chrome rims on low profile tires. :rotflmao

Edit: Especially love the $1000 spray can paint job. There must have been a sale at the hardware store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle