Chris

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
How dare you bury those engine pics in the retorque thread. Post them here and fess up on the build specs.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
sorry about that. :rotflmao i didn't think anyone looked at my posts;p. this is the engine i have been working on over the winter. it's dinner time here, i'll post more after i eat.:angel:

diesel4me2

Reaction score
ok, so dinners over, one bike retrieved from someone who didn't own it, and i'm ready for work. so the specs on the engine aren't any thing wild. one 6.9, bored 30 over, pistons decompressed 40, moose pump, new injectors, hypermax pulse turbo and intercooler, serpentine belt conversion, arp head studs, two hundred amp alternator, upgraded power steering pump reservoir for a hydroboost system, custom valve cover wing nuts built by me for me and it's purple :D

working on getting my stacks next... 5 inch stainless split under the bed of the truck

Attachments

• MVC-313S.JPG
    MVC-313S.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • MVC-312S.JPG
    MVC-312S.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-311S.JPG
    MVC-311S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 47
  • MVC-310S.JPG
    MVC-310S.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 53
  • MVC-308S.JPG
    MVC-308S.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 88

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Wow Chris, that is some awsome paint work, engine work and attention to detail. I wish I had the time and ambition to do an engine up like that. Very cool!! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great color choice and a fine paint job too. Thats a good idea changing to the serpentine belt and hydroboost. Looks like you are going for the intercooler by the intake hat appearance. Napa sells the belt you need. Part number is NBH 25-061110. Are you going to use the tensioner that has the spring or the one with the shock absorber.....

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Your garage vaguely resembles mine. I like how your engine stand is nestled snuggly in your hoist.

What's the deal with the alternator bracket? Looks fancy.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
how much boost do you plan on running into that thing? and nice engine man;Sweet, i wish my engine looked that pretty.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Force is strong in this one!

Great job! Are those new exhaust manifolds, or did you sandblast your old ones? Where did you get that pretty factory sticker on the valve cover? That's the first purple Moose Pump I've ever seen. LOL

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i like those valve cover bolts, anything special about them? where did they come from? planning on running the dyno with it?

diesel4me2

Reaction score
Wow Chris, that is some awsome paint work, engine work and attention to detail. I wish I had the time and ambition to do an engine up like that. Very cool!! ;Sweet

thank you for the compliments. it's been a long road getting here

Great color choice and a fine paint job too. Thats a good idea changing to the serpentine belt and hydroboost. Looks like you are going for the intercooler by the intake hat appearance. Napa sells the belt you need. Part number is NBH 25-061110. Are you going to use the tensioner that has the spring or the one with the shock absorber.....

as far as the paint color is concerned it's "purple nurple" to my youngest. the intercooler is by hypermax;Sweet. as far as tensioners, i'm unable to use the shock absorber style as i have the first series of brackety(sp?), so i'm reduced to using the open spring style. thank you for the belt info:thumbsup:

Your garage vaguely resembles mine. I like how your engine stand is nestled snuggly in your hoist.

What's the deal with the alternator bracket? Looks fancy.

the alternator bracket is of the serpentine era. late model 7.3 have them. lucky me, i do too :D. i hear ya on the hoist, to far along to let my stand let loose on me

Impressive...............MOST impressive!

(mr. burns voice) excellent

how much boost do you plan on running into that thing? and nice engine man;Sweet, i wish my engine looked that pretty.

hypermax is non-gated turbo, with the size of exhaust i'm planning on running..... i'll probably lift the heads :eek::rotflmao

The Force is strong in this one!

Great job! Are those new exhaust manifolds, or did you sandblast your old ones? Where did you get that pretty factory sticker on the valve cover? That's the first purple Moose Pump I've ever seen. LOL

the manifolds were sandblasted and baked in the kitchen oven to cure the ceramic coating. the wife didn't approve -cuss, but i did it again just the other day:rotflmao. the sticker is original. it was on the valve cover when i got it:love:

diesel4me2

Reaction score
i like those valve cover bolts, anything special about them? where did they come from? planning on running the dyno with it?

yep, i made them. i found the shortest ones i could find- cut them in half- turned them down and threaded them in my lathe;Really. i'm planning to run the dyno, if it gets put in in time. i might need a little encouragement:yell:;Poke:D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hypermax is non-gated turbo, with the size of exhaust i'm planning on running..... i'll probably lift the heads :eek::rotflmao

damn,:D that thing should run, do you have head studs?, and one thing i saw that you didnt do that some people have is intake and exaust manifold studs.