Chip or Strip

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's funny you guys say that.after more than a decade and a half im finally currently hiring my first two "official" employees.another climber and a groundman to go with him.so chip truck is in deed,about to roll on down the road,without me soon.
what ya gunna do? i can't do it all alone anymore and im not young enough to try anymore either lol.old enough to know better than keep trying too.:D she's not worth anything to me if she's not working.whatever breaks,will get fixed as always.she's my main money maker.

side note;
holy freaking A! sticker shock on workers comp! ouch.hurts already lol.:eek:

sure is gunna feel funny having full weekends though.i can't even imagine that.to anyone thinking about starting your own business.....think hard.it's way more work than you could ever imagine.killer.if i had to go back and do it over....i dunno.im glad to be here where i am today,but my god man.i must of lost years off my life getting here.anyway.im both very nervous and excited both.

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
WC is probably high because you don't have an existing x mod or run rates to go off of. Make sure they code you personally as 1000 (I assume you want to be exempt). I can see if my company offers Maine. Our big benefit down here is we are self insured in MD and use a blended rate. Working a deal now with a client - 140 lives, WC alone is 190K a year. Loss runs have a huge impact. I am mainly just the payroll side but being we offer pay as you go (% of payroll) I see the effects!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's funny you guys say that.after more than a decade and a half im finally currently hiring my first two "official" employees.another climber and a groundman to go with him.so chip truck is in deed,about to roll on down the road,without me soon.
what ya gunna do? i can't do it all alone anymore and im not young enough to try anymore either lol.old enough to know better than keep trying too.:D she's not worth anything to me if she's not working.whatever breaks,will get fixed as always.she's my main money maker.

side note;
holy freaking A! sticker shock on workers comp! ouch.hurts already lol.:eek:

sure is gunna feel funny having full weekends though.i can't even imagine that.to anyone thinking about starting your own business.....think hard.it's way more work than you could ever imagine.killer.if i had to go back and do it over....i dunno.im glad to be here where i am today,but my god man.i must of lost years off my life getting here.anyway.im both very nervous and excited both.

Employees... You're in for an experience!

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Employees... You're in for an experience!

so far so good.just sent one up a tree and he owned it like a boss.chip truck rolls out of here tomorrow am without me......nervous!:D

i take log truck the other way,for her yearly safety inspection.

weekends.......maybe not this one but i see them coming in my near future! yay,me! ah! for that matter,evenings too! oh my god i dunno what im gunna do.usually im on here working while surfing the net.soon i'll just be done for the day,during the day like a normal person.so cool.

i fed the chipper while someone else played monkey.that was different.when i went to dump i think fixing my rear swinging gate hinges pleased me more than the fresh plywood.nice to have things solid again.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Used to climb trees as a kid, don't know if I could now.
Heights aren't much of a problem, it's the crossover coming down. Like from a roof to the ladder. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well chip truck is a hit with my new climber.he really likes her.he's young but old enough to appreciate and respect it,so im easing into the idea of letting her go without me.
you should of seen my face this morning when i went out to see it gone cus i forgot for a few seconds.oh my heart!:D

took log truck down for her commercial safety inspection.all good to go for another year with a fresh sticker of approval.then when i came back i showed the guys the auto crane and lifted a couple sections of maple for them.they liked seeing all that back breaking work saved lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7