Chicago CL find

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P'ups with sleepers just don't look right in my humble opinion... realizing that is gonna get me some flamage (unsure why, I wasn't arguing function) I loathe flatbeds too.... not that it has one... but let the haters come at me with both barrels now...., got mah dawgz and I iz redee...

Ol..

Good looking truck... $9500 seems an okay deal.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That is a smokiin deal with that low miles!

They do look a little squirlly, but they run about $5 to $6K to have it done to your truck. For the Camper Haulers, they are a necessity to get past DOT regulations. You have to have a DOT Approved sleeping area so they guys that haul trailers over the road love these things. I have personally sold 4 of them in the last couple of years.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
No. The odometer is mechanical in the 01.

That surprising - but I'm still struggling with the fact that someone would spend the kind of money it takes to modify that truck and then not drive it commercially. If it doesn't have a million miles on it I'd suspect odometer fraud.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That surprising - but I'm still struggling with the fact that someone would spend the kind of money it takes to modify that truck and then not drive it commercially. If it doesn't have a million miles on it I'd suspect odometer fraud.
Why? Somebody probably bought it new, modified it, put 130K on it & decided to buy a new one. Could be for any # of reasons. I'd say since it's showing up now, somebody dumped it before the end of '09 & purchased something new for the tax advantages it would have offered on '09 tax returns. I do it every 2 years too for first year depreciation on new equipment to ditch paying taxes.

Looks too clean to have a million miles on it, but the paint on the sleeper doesn't match.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Why? Somebody probably bought it new, modified it, put 130K on it & decided to buy a new one. Could be for any # of reasons. I'd say since it's showing up now, somebody dumped it before the end of '09 & purchased something new for the tax advantages it would have offered on '09 tax returns. I do it every 2 years too for first year depreciation on new equipment to ditch paying taxes.

Looks too clean to have a million miles on it, but the paint on the sleeper doesn't match.

If it was an 08 or 09 maybe I'd believe that may be the case - but an 01??

It is very clean - but that stuff can be easily swapped out from a wrecked truck for little money and an evening's worth of work.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

People do strange things. He could have built it for a special purpose.The job is done so he is selling it.:dunno You would have to ask the owner of the rig. Best thing to do is go over every thing on the truck,you should do that anyways.:D

I have an easy way to find a questionable odometer. Give a good hard rap on the dash. You will found out if its been tampered with.:D

82fordtruck

Reaction score
People do strange things. He could have built it for a special purpose.The job is done so he is selling it.:dunno You would have to ask the owner of the rig. Best thing to do is go over every thing on the truck,you should do that anyways.:D

I have an easy way to find a questionable odometer. Give a good hard rap on the dash. You will found out if its been tampered with.:D

I don't follow. It's very easy to change instrument clusters on these older trucks. I actually did it on an old one for about five minutes to test a different cluster I was having issues with.

It takes about ten minutes on the OBS trucks.

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Anything is possible! ! I recently found at an estate auction a 95 7.3 5sp OBS with only 18,000 miles. Yes 18,000 miles and the deceased farmer's son verified the mileage. All service receipts were there. A real good friend bought it and is now pulling a 34 foot cattle trailer with it. These rare finds really do exist!
Foxman