check valve fitting for fuel inlet on cylinder head

06cumminspower

Reaction score
ok, so I have been trying to get this 01 back together and got it cranked but only running on passenger side so I unplug oil rail and is shooting out and then crack fuel line running from filter into driverside head and is getting plenty of fuel. however I was curious about the fitting inbetween line and head and removed it and I can not blow through it nor does it look wet underneath it. so should I be able to blow through it with ease with my mouth? ford wants nearly 80 bucks for this and looked at the obs heads I had lying around and they seem to be a straight through fitting with out a check valve so my next question is; is it even neccesarry for this check valve or can I just use a regular fitting? I have took the tiny snap ring out and tried cleaning it up but still near impossible to blow through ( I did get shop air to go through it and then could blow with ease in either direction but now its hard again?)

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've heard differing opinions.
You can get the set of two high flow ones from riffraff for like $40.
Also make sure the UVCH is good on the driver side. It can shut one side down if there's a short.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
it is a check valve
was told it is needed on the superdutys due to the dead head fuel system.
OBSs do not have them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger