cdr question

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
My truck has a hyper max turbo on it. I can't find a CDR valve anywhere, unless it's hidden on the back of the engine?

Is there any risk to having it deleted? It appears to be plumbed into the air cleaner/turbo intake versus to a CDR valve. Maybe this explains the white tinged blow by that comes out of the dipstick at idle? It's a steady stream of white smoke

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On the hypermax turbo system the cdr is usually found on the drivers side valve cover... But pics will help as asked for above...

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
x2 ^^^ should be a round tuna can looking thing on top of the drivers side valve cover. As stated above pics of the engine compartment help. As for the "white smoke" from the dipstick, IMHO I think its a common diesel thing, both my idi and big truck both do it, tho the idi more so.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If the cdr valve was left out, just the hose hooked to the intake, wouldn't there actually be less "smoke"???
Since it'd be running full suction?

Although the "smoke" is really nothing to worry about...

tractorman86

Reaction score
these things don't create enough vacuum to pull much out of the crank case honestly, when time/money permits i will be installing one of these