CDR does not want to come out

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaks have not been a problem so far, not counting injector caps which I feel is installer error:D The engine has not been a leaker. Now, that CDR is FILTHY! either the intake grommet disintegrated long ago or it went missing because there is so much oil grunge on the cdr, it's hard to get a grip. That's why I started to use a piece of wire wrapped around the cdr to get some grip.

when I installed my turbo I remember the CDR gaskets being very hard and brittle. I think I almost had to pry it out.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, like I said it was coming out one way or the other:backoff
You must be registered for see images attach

how long do you think this thing has been Kaput? That grommet is as hard as a rock.:eek: I found it in the valley pan, under the intake.

I should've just hit it with the hammer to begin with instead of ********.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'm about to do this same thing next week. I'm hoping mine is still alive! I'd love to do away with it and run an RDT from the same hole in the valley pan.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was worried that it did damage, having been obviously not working for a looonnngg time. I'm messing with the wife's time-line for the trip but she can't argue that the darn thing was shot and needs replacing.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I just put my turbo in, and removing the CDR was a PITA; then again I'm a little gimpy, so um LOL. I got the turbo manifolds with my turbo from Subway; I didn't really want to feed the CDR into the intake, so instead I ran a 1" rdt out of the CDR; routed over the rear of the engine down along side the transmission.

At first, I wanted to run it into the exhaust, but had read a thread where a guy had fabbed that up, and within 'a length of time', his 3" exhaust had a full 1/4" of oil, and sludge built up around it; no thank you!

So far, I've not experienced any smell from the RDT, and don't notice the vapor, unless looking at the actual rdt from outside the truck.;Sweet

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:Thumbs Up Alright!!! I just got that sweet "the parts are in.." call. I was worried that I wouldn't get it till Friday morning. ;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
So, like I said it was coming out one way or the other:backoff

how long do you think this thing has been Kaput? That grommet is as hard as a rock.:eek: I found it in the valley pan, under the intake.

I should've just hit it with the hammer to begin with instead of ********.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how pliable the new down tube is compared with the fossilized remains I pulled from the valley pan yesterday. New CDR in! took all of 3 minutes to put in.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how pliable the new down tube is compared with the fossilized remains I pulled from the valley pan yesterday. New CDR in! took all of 3 minutes to put in.

Fossilized is pretty much how any original rubber or plastic in the engine bay is on these trucks it seems.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, first the return lines and caps, now the CDR. I'm begging to see a trend. Neglect. I think i'm changing things out for the first time. Oil cooler seals next?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part number for that tube? And who had it?

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it through a Auto Nation Ford dealership in Union City GA. Part #E8TZ 6A892A it's called a "retainer".