CC F-350

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I feel blessed watching this. I just got rearended today, driving my 89 firebird, by some ******* in some cookie cutter 90's gm sedan. It barely damaged my bumper, but the damage rippled up his driver's side front fender, which will now need to be replaced. I yelled at him until he couldn't look me in the face, and then told him to get all the pieces of his car off of mine and get the hell out of my sight, although i did get his license plate # first, which i've now lost.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your truck. If some idiot pulled out in front of me and made me total my truck I'd go after him for all I could. It's stupid how idiots can do stuff like this and it's the person that didn't do anything wrong that has to suffer with the loss of his/her vehicle and not be able to find another one that will truely replace it. Good luck in the search.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that punk kids cheeks really made the seat pinch when his butte cheeks closed up seeing your bumper closing in on him. That old saying... "If you can't stop just smile when you go under my bumper" really comes to mind... I'll bet he trys to sue you for his ignorants.... Hope he doesn't because your laywer will show in court that you "tried to avoid him. And had you just drove head on into him his family would be looking at him in the gourge...... Really glad you were not hurt but the truck does look like a total by the frame twist. Still its got plenty of "parts".

I'll bet when the driver was removed from the Saturn that some of the seat fabric was still stuck in his butt!
Bummer that your truck is toast. I hope you have the truck at home and not at a towing company. The ins co would pay the bill but imho negotiations can go better when you both come to a price. There is another thing That I've done. Let the adjuster look at your rig. Because of your addons you'll never be satisfied with what they give you. You can remove the goodies after the appraisal or you can decide on a truer amount then sue the driver/owner of Saturn. You do have a right to set a selling price on your truck as long as the judge thinks it's fair for what you have in it. Also I hope you checked full retail on kbb and not private party seller. Another thing you can do is hire your own appraiser which should be a higher value that the ins. co estimate.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
The guy with the wrecker cautioned against taking it home. Says the insurance company moves faster when impound fees keep growing. He also cautioned not to take the first bid and said I could strip whatever I wanted off the truck at their place. I'm ready to fight this and will sue if they try to blame me for saving the kid's life and demo derbying my truck. No vehicle is worth a human life, but I'll be pissed if this deal turns sour.

Anyway, I was definately blessed the one oncoming car had time to stop. Also, I think I would have been hurt a lot more if I had been driving my wrangler or even the '85. My wife said she didn't care if the truck was totaled because I made it home safely. We're thanking God at this point and trying to remain positive. All things happen for a reason.

sassyrel

Reaction score
camo--unless you get extremely lucky with his ins co--youd better be ready to come out swinging--------VERY few ins co's want to make it right with someone----

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tow company wants to earn the storage fees that the ins. co pays. They may move a little faster but on the other hand the adjuster can go there anytime during business hours without you and do there own assessment. All the tow companies here limit what you can take to stuff you can remove quickly by hand. Removing tires, switching transmissions and other things that requires time/tools won't happen on the impound lot.
There is another thing though, what if the ins co fights the claim. Some years ago a local tow company had a ford truck in impound with front damage. For whatever reason the claim was going south so the guy came and paid $1500 to claim the truck on the day before the auction. If it would have been sold then the ins co could have refused to pay the claim because he lost it to auction.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Just a quike update for those of you who have followed this thread.

The ins. company decided it was around 5k damage, and it is already at the body shop getting fixed. I did post this a little back on the thread I think, I've had alot going on with this and other stuff in the last week. The plus side is I may get a cool custom front bumper out of the deal. I did get a rental, [payed by his ins. company!], man is an '07 dodge gasser built crappy!!! It'll work for now i guess, pretty bad when a small 4 door short bed gas truck gets almost 5mpg less then my 3 1/2 ton cc diesel sittin on 315/75r16's does!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to post pics when I get my baby back. I hope they get it right the first time in the shop, so I don't have to fight for any more fixes!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Here in California if they repair a car or truck using used psrts you can refuse to accept it "till they get it right by your feeling". Aftermarket parts are cheaper but sometimes you can't pick and choose what you get. With the truck in that much of a twist they will sure be working that frame. You may want someone to drive your truck so you can see if its puppy doggying.... The front tires don't track with the rear tires. Some trucks just don't track evenly. Mine is off about 1/2 to 3/4 inch but it works for me. Glad you are getting it fixed. Just don't "settle" for something you don't like about the repair.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Here in California if they repair a car or truck using used psrts you can refuse to accept it "till they get it right by your feeling". Aftermarket parts are cheaper but sometimes you can't pick and choose what you get. With the truck in that much of a twist they will sure be working that frame. You may want someone to drive your truck so you can see if its puppy doggying.... The front tires don't track with the rear tires. Some trucks just don't track evenly. Mine is off about 1/2 to 3/4 inch but it works for me. Glad you are getting it fixed. Just don't "settle" for something you don't like about the repair.

The truck isn't twisted as it looks in the pictures. Did you ever see a cc with weak rear body mounts articulate?? Thats pretty much what it looks like! It sat fine when I pulled it off the bank, after the cops said it was ok too. And the body shop I took it to is really good with wrecked stuff. I will definatly have my wife drive it in front of me when it is done to see... but like you said, a little doglegg is ok.... to an extent.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I personally dont know of a single F350 that doesn't dog track to a certain extent.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Dang.... poor truck there took a beating! I'd be extremely picky when I get that truck back, the insurance co. always tell them to do it as cheap as possible... ugh!! I'm glad ya'll are alright...... stupid people though.... need a good whooping!!!!

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i'm not surprised they didn't total it.. but hope you get it back better than i was before the wreck!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I didn't figure they would total it either. My Santa Fe (2003 with 130,000 on the clock) took a deer shot that so far they have $13,600 in fixing. Original estimate was like $12,000 and the thing can't book for much more than that. In my case, there was only one part available aftermarket, it was a $13 part that is totally cosmetic. I have a lifetime warranty on the work and the car is back at the shop right now for the 5th. time due to A/C leakage. They are replacing the last part in the A/C system and hopefully, that will stop the returns. I'm driving a PT Cruiser and HATE IT! I had an HHR one time, 31 MPG, would smoke this Cruiser that is lucky to get 24 MPG and had TONS more room! I also had a Ford Fusion, 3.0 that didn't get the best mileage, but talk about snappy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online