cavitaion question

fordpower21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i bought my idi the po said he had pulled the engine becuse of water in the cylinders he never put it back together when i bought it i put the motor i had from my last truck in it im lookin to put the original one back together and want to make sure it was the head gasket like they thought and not cavitaion. the reason i think it could be is that they really didnt know anything bout the truck so the coolant wasnt maintained it has almost 200k on it whats the best way to check with the motor tore down thanks in advance

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You need to seal up all the water passages where something bolts to the block. Thats the front of the motor... The block top where the heads bolt on... The oil cooler front and back plus all the freeze plugs need to be installed and holding.. Then the highest pressure you will want is 30 to 35 lbs. Any more is a waste and will blow out a freeze plug like a cannon shot... Now that there will hurt you in the senstive area below your belt... They are in the line of fire....:sly I made up all these hydro plates and they really work well...

Last edited:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
You need to seal up all the water passages where something bolts to the block. Thats the front of the motor... The block top where the heads bolt on... The oil cooler front and back plus all the freeze plugs need to be installed and holding.. Then the highest pressure you will want is 3o to 35 lbs. Any more is a waste and will blow out a freeze plug like a cannon shot... Now that there will hurt you in the senstive area below your belt... They are in the line of fire....:sly I made up all these hydro plates and they really work well...

Ahhh, the voice of experience!
I like it when, on those rare occasions, I can learn by someone else's experiences.
Usually I have to be the recipient.