Cat IPR vs IH IPR.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I wanted to put a new IPR in my F450. $311 from my local IH dealer, $400 from my local Ford dealer. My F-inlaw has been a parts salesman for CAT for 15yrs so I gave him a used IPR to compare it to the CAT 3126 IPR - appears to be exactly the same which would make sense seeing as CAT and IH developed the HUEI system together....I haven't installed it yet but I will say I paid less then 1/2 what Ford wanted for it (his cost)....I don't know what the over the counter price is for the general public. I will let you know it works out....I have brand new CAT guages and high pressure lines to check my HUEI system operating pressures before and after the install. I spent $200 for all the gauges and gear at his cost - pic's to follow.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
One gauge is good to 145psi for fuel pressure and the other is good to 5800psi for HUEI pressure. The line is good for 6000psi. These are test tools used at CAT. The clear tube is for looking for air in the fuel. My truck has been having a hard start issue when sitting for more than 2 days so I suspect the fuel is draining from the heads back to the tank....It kicks but won't start and it runs rough when it does fire.:rolleyes: The CAT IPR has the "edge" filter.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The hose itself retails for about $130 but you can make it up cheaper at a hydraulic shop. Nice for testing no starts and etc. put a fitting in the oil rail in the head and you can see the pressure

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I see.
I have a pretty good hose shop fairly close. (Fluid specialties)

I actually have a few high psi liquid filled gauges from oil field work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online