Carter vs. Facet

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Since the Facet is the hot new item is anyone still using the Carter p4070? Has a couple things I find beneficial, over double the flow and 1/4 inch pipe fittings so 1/2 inch hose can be used with a sump. Anyone still having good luck?

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Since the Facet is the hot new item is anyone still using the Carter p4070? Has a couple things I find beneficial, over double the flow and 1/4 inch pipe fittings so 1/2 inch hose can be used with a sump. Anyone still having good luck?

Got one van running a p4070 for the past 2.5 years, never had a problem, It puts out 8psi at the IP at idle, down to 3psi wide open. It is pulling fuel through the factory filter, and pushing it through a second filter at the IP.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yup been running one for a while now i picked up at a car show for a few bucks. i have not run a Facet pump but i firmly believe the Carter to be superior to the Holley after taking them both apart.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Good to hear guys. 3 PSI wide open is a little less than i would like but that might improve pushing through both my filters. I've had enough bad experiences with Holley pumps I wouldn't even consider it an option.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Well just checked and I happen to have one on the shelf at work for a very good price. Looks like its goin on

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Carter 4070 on for nearly 5k miles now. Great pump. Havent checked the pressure but it runs great, especially to have over 400k miles on the engine.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
33gph just seems low to me, they are designed to feed a small engine, im sure they work fine and are sufficient for a stock application, but I like fuel.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
33gph just seems low to me, they are designed to feed a small engine, im sure they work fine and are sufficient for a stock application, but I like fuel.

Do the math.....33gph....ok can you drive one hour flat out and burn 33 gallons? I don't think so....

How long does it take to go through a tank and a half of fuel anyway?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Its not just how much fuel you use, there has to be plenty of excess for cooling the fuel system.

Edit: I could use a lot of fuel flat out for an hour, as long as she didnt melt down. Think of traveling at 60 mph, at 15mpg for an easy number. That 4 gallons in one hour, at very light load. How much fuel at full load say you get 10 towing, thats 6 gallons an hour, and still nowhere near 100% load the whole time.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not just ho much fuel you use, there has to be plenty of excess for cooling the fuel system.

Edit: I could use a lot of fuel flat out for an hour, as long as she didnt melt down
I kinda figure there's enough fuel for cooling...

Do the math yet again....at very low pressure of return system...which it isn't a very high pressure....how many gallons of fuel per hour can flow through that line?

There is enough fuel flow to cool and provide fuel for the engine, but that's just my opinion is all.

Now if I was building a monster...300-400 hp engine, I may change that up a bit, otherwise it's a simple matter of working with what works and is known to work very well...

Don't get me wrong...Carter is good...but that Facet is a true work horse built for longevity of life!

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...Carter is good...but that Facet is a true work horse built for longevity of life!
The flow was just a theoretical, it should suffice for most applications. But I want to have enough on the dyno just in case.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flow was just a theoretical, it should suffice for most applications. But I want to have enough on the dyno just in case.

IN CASE of WHAT?....you run out of fuel...what????? LOL

I bet if you have two electric pumps, and swap lines between them and dyno runs without getting off dyno...you'll find little to zero differences between those runs.....;Sweet

Might be cause for testing now:sly:D

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
I bet if you have two electric pumps, and swap lines between them and dyno runs without getting off dyno...you'll find little to zero differences between those runs.....;Sweet
This is probably an accurate statement, but the was a Carter pump sitting on the shelf at work, so its going on in about an hour :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online