Carrier Pump Group Buy

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much current these pumps draw? I want to wire mine in with the fuel shutoff solenoid, but am afraid it might draw too much current. If so I will probably put in a relay off that circut.
It works great. I mounted it to the frame rail right behind the radiator in an attempt to minimize the height above the tank.
I still need to wire it in permanently. It's getting old having to pop the hood each time I stop the motor.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much current these pumps draw? I want to wire mine in with the fuel shutoff solenoid, but am afraid it might draw too much current. If so I will probably put in a relay off that circut.
It works great. I mounted it to the frame rail right behind the radiator in an attempt to minimize the height above the tank.
I still need to wire it in permanently. It's getting old having to pop the hood each time I stop the motor.

When I put mine in the 93, it was because the mechanical one started shooting fuel everywhere. It was a hurry-up install, so I could get to work. I wired it to the switched power, for the cruise control. It never sounded as loud and must not have been getting enough juice. Once I wired it to a relay, it started pumping like gang busters again. It may only have 1.4 AMPs of draw, but it needs a good power source. When I wired in the relay, I just used the wire I had run from the cruise control as my relay control.

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wiring the pump- on front tank

I was looking at how to wire the e-pump and I may just connect the relay to the wire that goes to the front fuel gauge (wvo tank)-

the only question I had is if this will switch over ok because it sends a different electric current through it based on where the fuel level is.
I dont want the e-pump running all the time(may not be a big deal though)

I will be using the oem mech. fuel pump for the rear tank.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I am looking to either replace the mech lift pump or replace the failed electric pump put on their by my brother when he owned the truck, I was wondering if there were any still available and what the price was...

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
As I am looking to either replace the mech lift pump or replace the failed electric pump put on their by my brother when he owned the truck, I was wondering if there were any still available and what the price was...

They are $78 shipped and there are a few ready to go out. Just let me know.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it has been a year, but any more Dura-lift pumps available? I wanting an electric pump for my crew cab and thought I'd give the Facet Dura-lift a try.

Thanks.

Heath

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still have access to these? also are ppl just adding them inline after the selector valve on the frame? I guess i wanna know where, what, and how to add one of these....i am very new to IDI trucks

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Still available. You can mount them after the selector valve or up in the engine compartment (mine is) although it may work better down low. You just need to make sure that it doesn't hang down low enough for the bowl to catch anything you may drive over. Power it with a relay hooked to a key-on power source.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes