Carquest Fuel filter

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am now sold on carquest fuel filters. Been using them for 3 years but never opened one up.
This filter isn't a year old and it looks dirty but the inside of my tank is clean.
This was the filter that you don't need the bottom screw on part but went back to the old style filter this change.

You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Last time I checked,carquest filters are made by MANN+HUMMEL...They were previously made by wix.I have always used Napa golds which are wix filters,just because I buy everything from napa and have had good results with them,but I wouldn't hesitate to buy carquest,since I have heard just as much good reviews of them.

Rock

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I bought for mine, but the one with the screw in bottom. We have Oreilly, Autozone, Napa, and Advance (formerly carquest). I like to use Advance whenever I can as they are knowledgeable and respectful. The others are staffed with kids and/or arrogant arseholes. Nothing against kids if they are willing to learn something but when they think they know it all already it bugs me. The Napa in town smells like cigarettes and last time I was there I had the guy tell me they didn’t have the coolant test strips or SCA, although I could see the bottles on the shelf behind him. He wouldn’t even look until I gave him the part number. There is a Napa in the town I work in that’s good though. Good to know my filter choice seems to be a good one, thanks for the post and pictures.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to run Mann filters in my Duramaxes at work. My filter supply house turned me on to them, but then Mann apparently quit making filters for that application. They were a good quality filter. I usually run Baldwin or Donaldson on most everything, and I’ve always been happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I bought for mine, but the one with the screw in bottom. We have Oreilly, Autozone, Napa, and Advance (formerly carquest). I like to use Advance whenever I can as they are knowledgeable and respectful. The others are staffed with kids and/or arrogant arseholes. Nothing against kids if they are willing to learn something but when they think they know it all already it bugs me. The Napa in town smells like cigarettes and last time I was there I had the guy tell me they didn’t have the coolant test strips or SCA, although I could see the bottles on the shelf behind him. He wouldn’t even look until I gave him the part number. There is a Napa in the town I work in that’s good though. Good to know my filter choice seems to be a good one, thanks for the post and pictures.

Your'e welcome brother. Some of the napa's down here in south Fl are funny at times, some are friendly some are not, same with advanced auto. Sent my wife in to buy those aftermarket fuel filters with the small tube glass enclosure with a 3/8 barbed end. The guy at advanced kept asking her for the make year and model. Told her to tell the guy it is an aftermarket.
She left and went to o'reily's and asked the guy there and he reached up grabbed it and said there ya go!
So I think it really depends on how experienced the guy is. I ususally go to advanced in delray at the commercial side. There is a guy there that uses both the computer and his books.
I replaced my zf5 with a used one I had rebuilt and advanced wanted $600 for a LUK flywheel, friction plate and pressure plate combo, someone on this forum gave me a link to Parts Geek....$280 for everything. Been working great and that was a year ago.

Mike

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to run Mann filters in my Duramaxes at work. My filter supply house turned me on to them, but then Mann apparently quit making filters for that application. They were a good quality filter. I usually run Baldwin or Donaldson on most everything, and I’ve always been happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard of Mann filters. Will look up Baldwin and Donaldson, always want to have alternatives. Thanks.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of Mann filters. Will look up Baldwin and Donaldson, always want to have alternatives. Thanks.

This is true. As a rookie in the game it’s knowledge like this I try and accumulate. Will definitely have to remember these names. I try and buy motorcraft off eBay but sometimes that’s just a pain. I know there are others out there that are just good. Shoot, possibly even better?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This is true. As a rookie in the game it’s knowledge like this I try and accumulate. Will definitely have to remember these names. I try and buy motorcraft off eBay but sometimes that’s just a pain. I know there are others out there that are just good. Shoot, possibly even better?
It's hard to go wrong with Donaldson or Baldwin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online