Carnage

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Figured I had better share some of the carnage from a mud bog I was in a few months back.

Attachments

• pushrod.jpg
    pushrod.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 50
  • rockerbolt.jpg
    rockerbolt.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 57
  • rockerbolt1.jpg
    rockerbolt1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 34
  • rockers.jpg
    rockers.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 39
  • vcoff.jpg
    vcoff.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 67
  • moyie.jpg
    moyie.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 62

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
No hydrolock, just 4500+ rpm, odd thing is it finally popped while it was idling on the sidelines

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you put in a different govenor spring but did not compensate with stiffer valve springs?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats the thing once a metal is stressed past its limits or fatigued it can fail at any odd time. so you gonna replece the rocker and try to just keep going?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
atleast it was the easy side to get the VC off. lol
I know thank god!

So you put in a different govenor spring but did not compensate with stiffer valve springs?
Yes as you can see

thats the thing once a metal is stressed past its limits or fatigued it can fail at any odd time. so you gonna replece the rocker and try to just keep going?
Replaced the bolt and the two pushrods, been goin for 2 months since then

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

sounds like someone else we know:sly

Hyde- i can tell your not afraid of them like me, just dont be afraid when things breakLOL have fun i know i did i got a blown engine and a clutch that separated to show all the fun i have had, i guess clutches dont like 4300 rpm burnouts all the time

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Yea I wish I could get valve springs for it easily, im suprised no one tried to pound home the "I aint makin power up there point" :rotflmao Anyway a tach would be a good investment, anyone ever find anymore on the 351w marine springs or something?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yea I wish I could get valve springs for it easily, im suprised no one tried to pound home the "I aint makin power up there point" :rotflmao Anyway a tach would be a good investment, anyone ever find anymore on the 351w marine springs or something?

with my latest engine i found that if i took it to 4000 everyshift the 0-60 times were faster than if i took it to 33-3600:dunno seems like more power to me

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Ill be honest I probably dont make a whole lot of power up there, still make enough to keep the wheels goin and in the mud wheelspeed is where it at.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be honest I probably dont make a whole lot of power up there, still make enough to keep the wheels goin and in the mud wheelspeed is where it at.

No offence, but you aren't. You're reving it 1000 RPM past the last of the usable HP. Look at any IDI dyno curve. After 3000 RPM, it's all over but the carnage.:D

Heath

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
No offense taken because I fully understand that, I also stated why it is run that high. Just wish I knew of some valvesprings that would take it.

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I had better share some of the carnage from a mud bog I was in a few months back.

MOYIE SPRINGS!!!!! I had a blast up there.My party was over friday morning when I toasted my clutch.I was driving that lifted subaru if you saw it in action or wandered past it.My friend was driving the ford ranger with the 38's and Yosemite Sam painted on the doors.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was some interest in better valve springs. I think Typ4 was looking into it. I don't know how to check, never had a head all the way apart, changing gaskets is as far as I've gone.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
MOYIE SPRINGS!!!!! I had a blast up there.My party was over friday morning when I toasted my clutch.I was driving that lifted subaru if you saw it in action or wandered past it.My friend was driving the ford ranger with the 38's and Yosemite Sam painted on the doors.

You got it man! I dont remember much of it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online