Can I zip tie to the injector hard lines?

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be too cautious, but is it o.k. to zip tie to the injector hard lines? I installed a new glow plug harness and zip tied to a couple hard lines. I will install the line separtors before I fire it up.

I'm almost ready to start it. It has been almost a year since it ran. I have replaced the injector pump (baby Moose), injectors, electric lift pump, new fuel filter set up, glow plug controler, and Beru glow plugs

Thanks for any advice.

Archie

Attachments

• CIMG1959.jpg
    CIMG1959.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG1957.jpg
    CIMG1957.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 83

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure you can, my glowplugs harness is zip-tied hardcore to the injector lines. By the way, nice work on the IP feed and return lines ;Sweet But, I think you forgot your fuel filter ;Really Also, #1 injector line, is it from a van? If not, then you're missing the timing adapter, which is also needed to make the overall length of the line assembly equal to the lengths of the other 7 injectors...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That number one injector line could be one of three differant lines.... If its a 7.3 line that has been "stretched" to fit without the timing adapter then yes... Its short... you don't want that happening. If its a 6.9 injector line its the same length and it will work fine without the adapter.. Or if its a 7.3 hard line from a van rig its the same length and it will work fine also. I bought a new van number one cylinder hard line and will be installing it when I modify my engine in the upcoming repair video. When I have tried to time my engine lately the number one cylinder wont work... I get a timing degree all over the place but.... If I use number four cylinder I get a constant good signal. So I have an injector issue or something with the line or adapter causing the funny timing... We can use the number 4 cylinder to time our engines... It works just the same as number 1 cylinder..... Every van uses the number 4 cylinder for timing because its easier to reach...:sly:angel:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont got one but my motor got a lot of 6.9 parts not to hijack but how is it used the parts motor i have has one but it looks like just an extender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08